All About Basketball (A+ Books: All About…

All About Basketball (A+ Books: All About Sports)

by Matt Doeden

223,662,626 (4.5)None
Recently added byhdalesky15, khadijab

Nonfiction, well written, photographs. I would use this for 3rd -6th grade to interest sporty kids to learn about basketball and figure out the mechanics of playing the game. This is a well-written book with brief but good information about the basketball sport including its history and famous people who play in basketball. This is an informational book because it teaches about a real life subject. ( )
  hdalesky15 | Mar 5, 2017 |
Age Appropriateness (Primary, Intermediate, Middle School): Intermediate/Middle School
Review/Critique: This is about basketball, and describes in detail everything you need to know about basketball. The book includes both how to play, terms that are specific to basketball, as well as players that have made history in basketball. This book is informational because it is factual based and can be read by anyone regardless of background knowledge.
Comments on Use: I do not think I would use this book in my classroom unless I was incorporating basketball into my curriculum. This book was meant to introduce the concept of basketball but not meant to be apart of most curriculums. Although I may not use this book in my class, I would defiantly like to have books like this available for all of students.
Medium: Shutterstock (photography) ( )
  khadijab | Mar 4, 2017 |

"Explains the game of basketball, including the game's goals, positions, basic rules, and other points of interest"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,835,211 books! | Top bar: Always visible