To Kill Hitler by Constantine FitzGibbon

To Kill Hitler

by Constantine FitzGibbon

721,617,126 (3)None

Author FitzGibbons write about a failed plot to kill Adolf Hitler that has become well known from the 2008 film Valkyrie. The book, originally published in 1956, in about what happened on July 20, 1944 in East Prussia. The plot looks at which German generals participated and what influences the Allies has on their decision. Although the author provided a bibliography of the newspapers and periodical articles he used in researching, there are not footnotes to support his thesis. Overall, the book is a good representation of the situation by 1950 standards.

I received this book through a Publisher's promotional giveaway. Although encouraged as a courtesy to provide feedback, I was under no obligation to write a review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. ( )
  bemislibrary | Sep 2, 2017 |
Book received from NetGalley.

This is an older book on what most people know as Operation Valkyrie. I had known just the basics prior to reading this book and I actually learned quite a bit. While it is a reprint and there are multiple newer books on the subject, I think this one had quite a bit of information on the subject and I will hopefully be adding it to my history bookshelf. ( )
  Diana_Long_Thomas | Mar 24, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,919,340 books! | Top bar: Always visible