Hathor Legacy: Revelations by Deborah A.…

Hathor Legacy: Revelations

by Deborah A. Bailey

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byMelHay

No tags.

*At my request, this audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review.

Nadira's unknown family history surfaces when Mikal, the man sent to the colony, escapes and is found in Nadira's father's old ship. The very ship her father was lost in twenty years ago. Jonathan's growing popularity with his club, Secrets, creates new complications that he and Nadira have to wade through, all about popularity and people's executive profiles. It's all politics of some sort and Jonathan is stuck in the middle, hating it, while Nadira is fighting to keep her people safe at Hathor.

The little extras that narrators do help make the book all that more interesting. Kristin has a talent of adding a bit of that flare to her work. Nadira and Jonathan have a psychic ability to mentally speak and in doing this Kristin does this in a way that you know it's not normal speak - there's a sound like it's dreamy or echo-y but clear to hear. Kristin does different voices for the characters, making them easier to differentiate when listening to all together.

We are reintroduced to the main characters, and those around them, in the first chapter. This is so well done as it's about now and how Nadira and Jonathan are living. But we see what had happened as there is a new worry as of today. Mikal has escaped from the penal colony he was imprisoned on, after the Burn Order was carried out.

I was hooked to the story. It was a growing mystery about Nadira's parents and more. There is some connection to them, their disappearances/deaths, and others. But what is it? What is the truth? I had to know! So much new information to take in! I was enthralled with the story!

Sometimes I'm so drawn into the story I forget to make notes for the review. It's a good thing! It happened with this story. I was so intent on listening to everything that happened and all the details, living with the characters and enjoying all scenes, that I didn't want to stop to make notes.

Deborah had me worried for Nadira and Jonathan in this book. I worried for their connection, their lives, and their well being. I was saying to myself, a few times, that just can't be...they have to....there's a hint for what I want, or am I reading to much into it. I love when an author has me question myself and what's happening, it's all done in a good way and keeps me guessing.

This book seems to conclude a period of Nadira's life that was stressful. But, in the end I heard about the next book that's coming. It'll be done with a character we got to see in this series. Cool beans! ( )
  MelHay | Mar 5, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,937,904 books! | Top bar: Always visible