Vacation Bride: A Tropical Billionaire…

Vacation Bride: A Tropical Billionaire Marriage of Convenience (Brides of…

by Vicky Loebel

223,683,174 (4)None
Recently added byDabOfDarkness, treehousereader

While contemporary romance isn’t my cup of tea, I absolutely loved Loebel’s paranormal/urban fantasy novels. So I decided to give her contemporary romance novel a try. I did enjoy it even if it didn’t wow me like her other novels.

Brideacuda! Ha! I love that phrase. Anna finds herself entered into the contest by her best friend but it means she can leave the Milwaukee winter for the tropical beaches of St. John’s island. Plus, she can bring one ‘stylist’ with her and she chooses her dad who has recently survived cardiac surgery. So right away I liked Anna.

Meanwhile, on St. John’s, the Andersons have cooked up this crazy idea of how to boost interest in their vacation hotel (the Paradise Resort) – host a contest to win the hand of the handsome Ryan Anderson! Chris Anderson isn’t too thrilled about it. He rather stay in the background and keep on fixing air conditioner units but he also knows that the resort needs the promotion. Ryan ends up eloping with the shows producer, Bobbie, so Chris gets stuck being the stand-in groom. He was none too pleased.

This story borders on being a romantic comedy, which I liked. There’s no slap stick comedy or totally ridiculous situations yet there still is humor. After all, we have these potential brides doing crazy stunts for each stage of the contest. Then there’s Chris with his Danish ancestry, humor towards Ryan, the secret Danish p0rn stash, and a tragedy that left him a bit scarred. I liked Anna’s character too but I felt we got more background on Chris.

So not all the potential brides are witches. Loni right away does Anna a favor and the two remained friends throughout the trials and tribulations of the show. Yay! It was good to see that not all the female side characters were horrible people.

There’s obvious sexual attraction between Chris and Anna right from the beginning and I really liked how it built and built. I didn’t care so much for the misunderstandings and apologies, etc. but that seems to be a requisite for this genre. I was a little sad that we didn’t get any sex scenes. Sigh… But I imagined that they had a very good time.

The ending is sweet and charming. All told, I did enjoy this story despite it being a contemporary romance. 4/5 stars.

The Narration: Emily Beresford did a great job with this narration. She’s perfect for Anna. I also liked her voice for Tiffany (the evil brideacuda). Her peppy, professional, commanding voice for Bobbie the show producer was spot on. Her male voices were masculine and all her character voices were distinct. She sounded engaged throughout the entire novel. There were no technical issues with the recording. 5/5 stars.

I received this audiobook as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by Vicky Loebel. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it. ( )
  DabOfDarkness | Jun 12, 2018 |
DESCRIPTION, NOT REVIEW: FAST AND FUNNY CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
When Anna Williams lands a spot on the Vacation Bride reality show, she's hoping to give her sick father a break from the Milwaukee winter, not win a rich husband. Which is good, because the hunky maintenance man whose broad shoulders and clear blue eyes have caught her attention is neither rich nor part of the contest...is he?

Chris Andersen was a disinherited resort brat until his uncle's family crashed their private helicopter during an argument over money. Now Chris is a secret billionaire, determined to make the Paradise Resort a success on its own. To pay for improvements, he's hosting his cousin's internet reality series, Vacation Bride, a show where women compete to win a rich husband. The women are silly and the show's a lot of work, but the publicity seems worth it. At least until Chris finds out he may be entering the contest himself...as first prize.
(200 pages, rated PG) ( )
  treehousereader | Mar 5, 2017 |

Vicky Loebel is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,733,863 books! | Top bar: Always visible