Sick Boy by Sean Waller

by Sean Waller

223,662,998 (5)None
Recently added byJanine6877, Susan.Macura

No tags.

The seventh graders at our school read this book every year and then are graced with a visit from the author. Mr. Waller's semi-autobiographical memoir is a relatable story about being a young teenager that allows readers to put themselves in his shoes as he is diagnosed with and undergoes treatments for cancer. ( )
  Janine6877 | Jun 6, 2017 |
I was substituting in a middle school science class where the assignment for the day was to continue reading this book. The students also had to fill in a worksheet as they read. I commented that the book looked interesting. The students encouraged me to read it, so I did. I finished it that day and was glad I read it. It is a compelling fictionalized version of the author’s experience with cancer, chemo and radiation, as well as the effects all of this had on his family and friends. There are a lot of life lessons in this tale that these students seemed to appreciate. ( )
  Susan.Macura | Mar 5, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,851,757 books! | Top bar: Always visible