Mother's Day, Muffins, and Murder by Sara…

Mother's Day, Muffins, and Murder

by Sara Rosett

721,617,126 (4)None

This was a great mystery and certainly took me back to my own elementary school volunteering days, without the murder, of course! Ellie Avery is such a likable character, and even though her military husband is off on maneuvers, her kids help make their home life ring true. I liked that the staff of the school rounded out so many of the secondary characters and victim, many of them with their own interesting attributes. The murder was pretty tricky and the disappearance of what may or may not be a body, a great hook at the beginning of the book. I enjoyed Ellie's hints for PTA Moms scattered throughout some of the chapters and can't believe this is already the tenth in the long running series. ( )
  ethel55 | May 5, 2017 |
This was my first time reading a Sara Rosett book, and I enjoyed it very much. Mother’s Day, Muffins, and Murder is the 10th book in the Ellie Avery Mystery series. Ellie has apparently stumbled into a murder or two in her past, but now her nemesis has stumbled across a body… that soon disappears. Just from that, the book sucks you in and you have to find out where it goes from there. I thought the book was fast paced and really keeps you interested. Since this was the first book I read in the series, it was nice that they did a little recap of some of the characters. However, some of them it took me a little bit to figure out how they fit in with Ellie and her life, but that’s probably a good thing for those that have read the series from the beginning. I really enjoyed that at the end of some of the chapters there are organizational/PTA tips for families. I’m probably going to put some of these into practice myself!

I received a copy of this book in exchange for a fair review. ( )
  Maggie.Chavarria | Mar 6, 2017 |

With summer approaching, Ellie Avery's schedule is ruled by attending end-of-the-year events at her kids' school-and avoiding run-ins with her arch competitor. When a murder disrupts the core curriculum, can the two women form an alliance to teach the killer a lesson in justice? As a regular volunteer at North Dawkins Elementary, Ellie would never miss the annual Mother's Day breakfast-even if she has to tolerate the likes of Gabrielle Matheson. The rivals aren't exactly sworn enemies, although Ellie still thinks there's only room for one professional organizer in their small Georgia town. But when Ellie sees Gabrielle in the hallway, she's a mess. It looks like Gabrielle's seen a ghost-or, as she explains, a dead body inside the supply closet. Before Ellie can get help the body vanishes . . . only to mysteriously reappear later at the school. Little is known about the victim, a secretive snoop with a nosy nature and a penchant for keeping quiet about her own past. Ellie will leave no desk unturned to protect her kids and expose the cunning criminal's identity. Because if she doesn't, the killer may chalk up another textbook case of murder . . . -Cozy Library.… (more)

Sara Rosett is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,920,274 books! | Top bar: Always visible