Bobbi Brown Beauty from the Inside Out:…

Bobbi Brown Beauty from the Inside Out: Makeup * Wellness * Confidence

by Bobbi Brown

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a beautiful book, oversized with lots of color illustrations. There is not a lot of content, however. The book has chapters on food, exercise, stress, skincare, and makeup application. ( )
  DrApple | May 9, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Beauty From the Inside Out by Bobbi Brown is an easy book to read - short clips of information with beautiful pictures interspersed. It contains Bobbi's advice on healthy foods, exercise, attitude, beauty and makeup. I especially liked the chapter which focused on women she found inspiring like Laila Ali and Maye Musk (a 68 year old model who exudes confidence). I recommend this book to those women who would like to become healthier and who might want to update their beauty routines. ( )
  shellyup47 | May 6, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book in exchange for an honest review via #LibraryThing.

I am a huge advocate for taking care of yourself...i.e. eating healthy, working out, de-stressing, etc. This book managed to nicely cover all of the basics for self-care and boosting self-esteem in a healthy way through healthy eating, exercising, working on ways to reduce stress, low-key beauty tips that are EASY - super important for women on the go!! I love the empowerment this book emphasizes and promotes...I think it's a really great tool for females to help boost their self- confidence and loving the skin they're in.

As a high school librarian, I plan on adding this book to our collection for immediate circulation!

#punkrocklibrarian ( )
  KWadyko | Oct 17, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A beautiful hardcover book on beauty by the famous makeup artist Bobbi Brown. This book is perfect for anyone whose passion is beauty and cosmetics. There are health tips too, but they're pretty basic. Overall, a nice gift idea. I wouldn't have bought it for myself. ( )
  framboise | Sep 23, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Beautiful! While I read this entire book in just a couple hours, I found myself bookmarking a few pages because I knew I'd want to refer to them again in the near future. For anyone who has really kept up with makeup techniques and skills, this book is not going to be helpful. For younger people, or people who just haven't made time to worry about nutrition and it's effects on appearance and skincare, I'd say it's a great primer. This book is easy to read, has basic information written in a way that is not swallowed up in research and footnotes (which is not to say those books are bad, they aren't!), contains beautiful photographs of beautiful people, and gives you basically bullet-point pages of food to eat and skincare to try.

I received an advanced copy of this book but the opinions are my own. ( )
  lyndsay | Jul 14, 2017 |

"Building on her lifelong philosophy, bestselling author and world-renowned makeup artist Bobbi Brown provides a total lifestyle makeover for a better, healthier, more confident, beautiful you"--

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Bobbi Brown's book Bobbi Brown's Beauty From the Inside Out was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,730,608 books! | Top bar: Always visible