Bobbi Brown Beauty from the Inside Out:…

Bobbi Brown Beauty from the Inside Out: Makeup * Wellness * Confidence

by Bobbi Brown

209515,329 (4)3

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book in exchange for an honest review via #LibraryThing.

I am a huge advocate for taking care of yourself...i.e. eating healthy, working out, de-stressing, etc. This book managed to nicely cover all of the basics for self-care and boosting self-esteem in a healthy way through healthy eating, exercising, working on ways to reduce stress, low-key beauty tips that are EASY - super important for women on the go!! I love the empowerment this book emphasizes and promotes...I think it's a really great tool for females to help boost their self- confidence and loving the skin they're in.

As a high school librarian, I plan on adding this book to our collection for immediate circulation!

#punkrocklibrarian ( )
  KWadyko | Oct 17, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A beautiful hardcover book on beauty by the famous makeup artist Bobbi Brown. This book is perfect for anyone whose passion is beauty and cosmetics. There are health tips too, but they're pretty basic. Overall, a nice gift idea. I wouldn't have bought it for myself. ( )
  framboise | Sep 23, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Beautiful! While I read this entire book in just a couple hours, I found myself bookmarking a few pages because I knew I'd want to refer to them again in the near future. For anyone who has really kept up with makeup techniques and skills, this book is not going to be helpful. For younger people, or people who just haven't made time to worry about nutrition and it's effects on appearance and skincare, I'd say it's a great primer. This book is easy to read, has basic information written in a way that is not swallowed up in research and footnotes (which is not to say those books are bad, they aren't!), contains beautiful photographs of beautiful people, and gives you basically bullet-point pages of food to eat and skincare to try.

I received an advanced copy of this book but the opinions are my own. ( )
  lyndsay | Jul 14, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Thanks to the publisher, Chronicle Books, via LibraryThing, for a copy of the book in exchange for my honest review.

Bobbi Brown has written a thorough approach to beauty that teaches it starts on the inside of the body. She provides beneficial information on what to eat (superfoods), hydration, supplements, sleep, exercise, confidence, and which foods can zap our beauty. She lists skin care products and routines for using them. The Make-up Application Section is very detailed and I especially enjoyed the Mix-up Your Look Section.

This book is nicely sequenced and loaded with colored pictures. There are beautiful young models and some of the recipes sound healthy and appetizing. I would have liked to see some older models and make-up application for those of us with wrinkles!! This book would make a great gift. ( )
  pegmcdaniel | Jul 8, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book in exchange for a review, as part of the LibraryThing Early Reviewrs program. It struck me as being rather like a picture book for adults, with lots of gorgeous photography, and small bits of text. It would be a great book for a waiting room, as it's interesting to flip through, but not the kind of thing you'd really sit down to read. Could also be an interesting coffee table book. The information is pretty basic, at least from the perspective of a woman in her late 40's, but might be a great primer for a teen or college student. Not quite what I was expecting, but I did enjoy the truly gorgeous pictures! ( )
  Christiana5 | Jun 29, 2017 |

"Building on her lifelong philosophy, bestselling author and world-renowned makeup artist Bobbi Brown provides a total lifestyle makeover for a better, healthier, more confident, beautiful you"--

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Bobbi Brown's book Bobbi Brown's Beauty From the Inside Out is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,937,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible