The Shepherd's Daughter (Dry Bayou…

The Shepherd's Daughter (Dry Bayou Brides Book 1)

by Lynn Winchester

215,453,272 (4)None
Recently added bymvr1426, vera_mallard

STORY-LINE THE SHEPHERD'S DAUGHTER:

The Shepherd's Daughter's, a clean sweet romance, takes place in 1800's Dry Bayou, Texas. Willem Ducharme aka Billy and Raychelle, aka Ray, have been friends since they were small children. Ray's family came to Texas to manage the Ducharme sheep enterprise. Thick as thieves, they are seldom apart. As time passes, Ray realizes her feelings turn into adult love for her best friend. Then her world falls apart. The Ducharmes have ordered Billy a bride from back East.

The picture of perfection, Rebecca DuCastille's is everything Ray's not. Beautiful, poised, charming, Rebecca is a lady while Ray is the shepherd's daughter. Wild haired, hard-working, an unladylike tomboy, and opinionated, Ray's determined she will not go down gently; she will fight for Billy's love. How far is Ray willing to go to get Billy to choose her for his wife? Will Rebecca win Billy's heart or will perfect Rebecca win the day? My western romance novel review of The Shepherd's Daughter follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Author Jackson d'Lynne writing as Lynn Winchester crafted a sweet clean story filled with emotion and believable realistic characters. I could feel Ray's insecurity and sadness, as well as, her wonder when she realized her feelings for Billy. Winchester's story-telling talent invest the reader in the characters and story-line. As Billy and Ray come to realize their feelings, the reader is right there. Billy, an obedient son, has always followed his parents wishes, especially in pleasing his mother; will he follow their wishes in the most important decision of his life? Winchester kept the suspense at high pitch as the reader follows the story to its conclusion.

The pacing of the story was in line with the length of the book and the plot holds the reader's attention from the first page to last. A sweet easy read, which does not contain sex or vulgar language, Winchester's talent alone sells the story.

Finally, in concluding my western romance novel review of The Shepherd's Daughter, I found a sweet clean romance perfect for an afternoon of reading enjoyment. Easy to read and with a story which appeals to the reader's heart, I read this book straight through.

THE SHEPHERD'S DAUGHTER RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

In addition, I would not hesitate to buy this book for my self or a friend.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I purchased this book choosing to voluntarily review the book with an honest western romance novel review. Furthermore, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. No one influenced my voluntary western romance novel review of The Shepherd's Daughter. ( )
  vera_mallard | Mar 7, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,923,446 books! | Top bar: Always visible