The People vs. Alex Cross by James Patterson

The People vs. Alex Cross (edition 2017)

by James Patterson (Author), Andre Blake (Reader)

Member:Mrs_Y
Title:The People vs. Alex Cross
Authors:James Patterson (Author)
Other authors:Andre Blake (Reader)
Info:Century (2017), 432 pages
Collections:Borrowed from library
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Read in 2018

The People vs. Alex Cross by James Patterson

This book was too long with too much happening. I liked Alex Cross as a protagonist and I enjoyed following his murder trial, but I wish it had been the major focus of the book. The multiple subplots were frustrating and I often found myself skipping chapters. Thankfully, Patterson always writes short chapters so I was quickly back in the action and everything was neatly resolved by the end.

Overall, a good book but not a great one. However, in true Patterson style The People vs Alex Cross was a quick, fast paced read with an enjoyable, but implausible plot line. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jul 14, 2018 |
an excellent pacey thriller ( )
  Harris_Niazi | May 29, 2018 |
It is sometime since I last read a James Patterson book. This story retains his punchy writing style that keeps the reader fully involved. Again we are confronted with a number of different crimes which he carefully intertwines around a murder charge which is being levelled at Alex Cross. I loved the book and am pleased I have been reunited with James Patterson. ( )
  imyknott | May 25, 2018 |
Alex Cross is being tried for the shooting of three people. During the course of trial prep and the trial, a concurrent plot unfolds with a dark web site and the disappearance of blonde young women. The good thing is that it is said to be written by Patterson, alone. No co authors are listed. ( )
  LivelyLady | May 6, 2018 |
The latest book in the series. Cross finds himself on trail for murder, starts a counseling business and works a couple of crimes on the side. Hmmm? Believe it or NOT! Pretty good stories, all five. Maybe, it would have been better if the author concentrated on just one story line? Characters are mostly familiar: Nanamoma, Jani, etc. The ones we like. Book was a tad slow in the middle. All 5-6 stories were fun listens. ( )
  buffalogr | Mar 3, 2018 |

This time it's Alex Cross on trial.

Alex Cross is on the wrong side of the law. Serving a suspension from the force while he awaits trial for murder, Cross has been branded as a trigger-happy cop, another bad apple walking the streets with a gun, an accusation that Cross will do anything to refute. To make himself feel useful again, Cross opens a counseling office in the basement of his home. When his former partner Sampson shows up needing his help, Cross jumps at the chance, even if it may end up costing him what's left of his career. When a string of young, blonde women go missing, the investigation leads Cross and Sampson to the most depraved, darkest corners of the internet. Struggling to prove his own innocence and uncover the truth lurking online, Cross must risk everything to save his most at-risk patient of all...himself.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 07 Mar 2017 11:08:41 -0500)

"The charges: explosive. Alex Cross has never been on the wrong side of the law -- until now. Charged with gunning down followers of his nemesis Gary Soneji in cold blood, Cross is being turned into the poster child for trigger-happy cops who think they're above the law. Cross knows it was self-defense. But will a jury see it that way? The evidence: shocking. As Cross fights for his professional life and his freedom, his former partner John Sampson brings him a gruesome, titillating video tied to the mysterious disappearances of several young girls. Despite his suspension from the department, Cross can't say no to Sampson. The illicit investigation leads them to the darkest corners of the Internet, where murder is just another form of entertainment. The People vs. Alex Cross: the trial of the century. As the prosecution presents its case, and the nation watches, even those closest to Cross begin to doubt his innocence. If he can't convince his own family that he didn't pull the trigger with intent to kill, how can he hope to persuade a jury? But even with everything on the line, Cross will do whatever it takes to stop a dangerous criminal ... even if he can't save himself."--Amazon.com.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,030,612 books! | Top bar: Always visible