The Fuzzy Leg Experiment: How I Grew to Love…

The Fuzzy Leg Experiment: How I Grew to Love Myself in Two Years

by Elizabeth Crooks

Recently added bybfranks80112

No tags.

No reviews

I want to invite you on a journey; a journey of self-love, to be more specific. I wish to share with you the experiences I’ve had going two years without shaving my legs, not wearing a bra, and going au natural, among other changes. And yes, you read that right. This book details not one year, but two-years-worth of insight and challenges I had to overcome to get to where I am today.

I decided to do this little experiment, on purpose I might add, because I wanted to understand why I had such an issue with my body, as well as the perceptions of others regarding my body. Our perceived outward appearance affects our internal beliefs regarding our self-worth and our capacity for self-love.

Unfortunately many people are conditioned to not love themselves. I was one of those people. We’ve grown up in a society that values the external appearance over the internal one; where you can be an asshole as long as you’re pretty, and it doesn’t matter how kind you are if you’re wearing your comfy pants and an old t-shirt to dinner.

Now, I got some funny looks doing this little experiment. I’ve gone two years without shaving my legs, without wearing a bra, and forcing myself to wear sweatpants everywhere I went. I’ve gone without makeup and I’ve let my hair do its own thing after a shower. You learn a lot about your own definitions of, and the differences between, comfort and discomfort this way.

I’m not saying you have to do what I did. You get to read about two-years-worth of insight because I had to do it this way. I had to go deep into my own discomfort in order to realize what I really wanted out of life. I had to go to the extreme of not taking care of myself in order to come back to love again.

Use this book as just another tool on your own journey of self-discovery. I offer many different ways to understand what it means to love ourselves. We all have to discover our own truths and we all have to get okay with ourselves in our own way. I share my story so that is may assist everyone on their path.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 07 Mar 2017 12:59:22 -0500)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,735,757 books! | Top bar: Always visible