Eleventh Hour by M. J. Trow

Eleventh Hour

by M. J. Trow

711,616,920 (2)5

Playwright Kit Marlowe is plunged into the hunt for the truth when Sir Francis Wallingham dies. Are natural causes to blame or something more sinister?
From the description, I didn't realize I was jumping into a series. Immediately, I realized my mistake as certain characters are referred to in ways that made it obvious the reader ought to be aware of who they are. This made it difficult for me to really get into the story, which is heavy going.
Kit Marlowe was a fascinating character and I did enjoy following him through his investigation. He was charismatic, and the author side of me appreciated his title 'the Muses' Darling.' He amused me very much. The others were...unremarkable. As to the plot, I was often confused, so I didn't particularly enjoy it.
I also did not like the supernatural element of the book.
Perhaps this is usual to the series and fans know what they are getting. So, to those who know Kit Marlowe will probably enjoy his newest adventure.
I received a free copy from Net Galley for review purposes. ( )
  TheQuietReader | May 11, 2017 |

April, 1590. The Queen's spymaster, Sir Francis Walsingham, is dead. His former right hand man, Nicholas Faunt, believes he was poisoned and has ordered Kit Marlowe to discover who killed him. To find the answers, Marlowe must consult the leading scientists and thinkers in the country, but one of them is hiding a deadly secret..… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,871,927 books! | Top bar: Always visible