Death Follows by Cullen Bunn

Death Follows

by Cullen Bunn

821,035,133 (5)None

Birdie, her little sister, their pregnant mother and their father live  on a struggling farm. And, when a farmhand named Cole comes walking up their road should the children be thankful for some extra help on the farm. But, Birdie feels that the man is evil, there is something wrong with him and when the dead rats start to dance, then she knows for sure that Cole is making the dead restless...

Cullen Bunn has become a name that I recognize after reading The Sixth Gun and Harrow County. So, of course, I had to read Death Follows when I saw this graphic novel on Edelweiss.

And, it's a horrifying and chilling tale and I could hardly stop reading it. You know when you read something, and you want to read, but at the same time, you feel dread about turning the page? Reading Death Follows is just like that. Have you read Pet Sematary by Stephen King? If you have, then you probably know what I mean, it's a great book, but still I'm not sure I want to read it again since it's such a dreadful story. And, Death Follows is also dreadful to read. So, Cullen Bunn has really succeeded with writing a page-turning story with a heartbreaking good story. Birdie us such a great characters, and I really felt for her throughout the book, worrying about Cole, seeing things in the dark. And, the last thrilling issue in this volume just broke my heart. And, that ending...well let's say that it's a bit...creepy...

I also really like the art, the colors, the way the characters are drawn, the whole thing. It suits the story so well.

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through Edelweiss for an honest review.

Read this review and others on A Bookaholic Swede ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
Awesomely creepy! A fantastic horror story with gruesome art. I loved the art done in subdued colours of purple, blues, tan and grey. Cool colours that match the atmosphere but as the gruesome parts come red becomes more and more prevalent to show the action and obviously blood. The bad guy, Cole, is really creepy, being I suppose a serial killer with a frightening curse. Following the graphic novel is the original prose story, "Remains", from which the graphic was adapted. Great read! ( )
  ElizaJane | Jun 5, 2016 |

"Birdie, her sister, their pregnant mother, and their sickly father all live together on a struggling farm. When an itinerant farmhand named Cole comes to their aid, the children should be relieved. Instead, they find their lives spiraling into nightmare, as Cole regards Birdie with menacing desire. To make matters much worse, wherever he goes, the dead grow restless. As the horror threatens to consume her home and her family, Birdie is haunted by a chilling warning: Some secrets are meant only for the dead"-- "This volume collects issues #1-#4 of the Monkeybrain digital comics series The Remains"… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,155,974 books! | Top bar: Always visible