The Adventures of Natalie Bloom (The Bloom…

The Adventures of Natalie Bloom (The Bloom Sisters) (Volume 2)

by Brooke Stanton

2None3,662,186 (2.5)None
Recently added byJenniWindsor, FReads

No tags.

No reviews

From award-winning author Brooke Stanton...

After living a lie for almost a decade, Natalie Bloom is breaking free!

Natalie’s dream of owning a restaurant is about to come true. She’s found the perfect spot in a hip Brooklyn neighborhood and the perfect business partner - gorgeous Luke Hawker. Until she discovers things are not as they seem. All her money has been stolen and Luke was the only one who had access. With her dreams crumbling around her, Natalie - alongside Max Euston (her friend and secret crush) - finds herself on a chase through the jungles of Costa Rica in a race against the clock to get the money back before it's too late.

With twists, turns, lies, and deceit, Natalie soon realizes she doesn’t know who to trust...or to love.

Can she unravel the mystery in time to save her dreams and her heart?

Author Q & A:

Q: What made you write about a love triangle converging and splitting and converging again through the beaches and jungles of Costa Rica?

A: You can’t go wrong with a love triangle. It adds tension and suspense and it gives readers a chance to pick their favorites. Books like The Hunger Games and Twilight made a whole campaign out of their characters’ love triangles. Readers loved it! Not that I’m comparing my characters to those epic novels. And readers don’t only love characters they can get lost in, but also a setting that can sweep them away. Something different and sometimes exotic, like the beaches of a foreign paradise like Costa Rica.

Q: So it’s a romance in paradise? Well, Natalie is hoping there’s romance in paradise. But be careful what you wish for!

Q: Max, one of the male leads, is recovering from amnesia. How does that affect his relationships?

A: I love a good amnesia romance novel but Max has already come out of the amnesia when the story begins. It adds to his intriguing backstory and mostly solitary existence up until the moment the story begins.

Q: Would you consider this a military romance? There is a female soldier as one of the main characters.

A: Not really. Yes, one of the main characters is a soldier and that’s how she met Max, while he was covering her unit. But most of that is in the past. Though her military training and skills come out a few times in the story.

Q: Is this a sweet romance and a HEA romance novel?

A: I didn’t set out to write a sweet romance but in the end the series did turn out to be a sweet romance. It started with the first book, The Misadventures of Catie Bloom. The characters didn’t get together until the end so there was no need for anything more than PG romance. And I didn’t want to change the tone or steamy rating for the rest of the series. Sometimes you don’t need the erotica to charge the story with romance. Not that I’m against it! I like a well told steamy romance. This just isn’t one of them.

Q: This is your second book and it’s from an award-winning romance series. What award did it win?

A: I was thrilled when I discovered the first book in the series, The Misadventures of Catie Bloom, won the Golden Palm Contest. It won 2nd place in Contemporary Romance!

Q: This is part of a romantic comedy series. How many more books will there be.

A: At least three full length and a short story (Ignite). I’m almost done with the third book in the series, The Downfall of Catie Bloom. By the third book Catie can no longer run from all of her lies.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 07 Mar 2017 23:47:38 -0500)

Brooke Stanton is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,824,088 books! | Top bar: Always visible