Aura of Magic by Patricia Rice

Aura of Magic (2017)

by Patricia Rice

A wonderful beginning to the series. I have met Aster in other books from the series and I now love her even more. The unexpected magic series is best read in order. The additional characters are so much better this way. ( )
  mnm123 | Oct 8, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Generally I have liked Patricia Rice's books but I disliked this one a lot. It seemed pretty amateurish. Disliked both the hero and heroine. The writing was repetitious -- the characters kept saying the same things about themselves to themselves as a reason for them not to have a romance or later not to get married. The first half was very slow. There were a lot of characters from other books in the series that I didn't know who were discussed or who were part of the plot and I found that confusing. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Jun 4, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This fourth title in the Unexpected Magic series continues the formula of a pragmatic realist coming to terms with the possibility of abilities that cannot be explained through logic or science. This outing brings together the king's troubleshooter Aaron Pascoe-Ives, who hopes this latest task will bring him the respectability he desires, and Brighid Darrow, who plans to buck the traditional medical establishment by opening a training school for midwives. Brighid also possesses the ability to see auras and has been driven from home by accusations of witchcraft.

Not only does Aaron need Brighid to help him accomplish his task, but she may also assist him with corralling his wayward children, four-year old twins who insist that Brighid is to be their new mama and who Brighid insists, possess unique talents themselves.

A stubborn hero, a feisty heroine, a truly villainous foe, and impish toddlers combine to make this installment as delightful as the rest. Rice also manages to include several familiar characters from previous outings so that readers have the check in with earlier favourites. I look forward to future installments. ( )
  madlibrarian | May 26, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I love this intriguing family, the series is brilliant and captivating. This story is highly amusing. Pascoe being oblivious about his "gift", and his childrens, is cause for much entertainment. You would think that with his family it would be a no brainer. But other than that, he is smart, charming, dedicated, determined and caring. Bridey is determined, funny and stubborn. The drama that the twins cause is unique and entertaining. The storyline is engrossing and suspenseful and the end is satisfying. Put this one on the top of your TBR list.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from LibraryThing. This is my voluntary and honest opinion of it. ( )
  duelalias | Apr 23, 2017 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Patricia Rice's book Aura of Magic was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,803,750 books! | Top bar: Always visible