Scars (Time of Myths: Shapeshifter Sagas)…

Scars (Time of Myths: Shapeshifter Sagas) (Volume 1)

by Natasha Brown

213,660,000 (5)None
Recently added byGanneC, beckvalleybooks

Scars captured me immediately, it wrapped itself around me and I literally felt as if I was there, standing as a spectator watching the daily life and events go by and I loved every minute.

I loved the historical 10th century the story was set in, the way they lived, farmed, interacted with each other along with the traditions and myths. I loved all the characters and following their life so much so that I could have happily continued reading about them, I didn't want the story to end. The author wrote in such a way that I felt the heart of the story flowed off the pages and into the readers mind with the details and descriptions being so clear.

Asta had become the head of the household and farm as her father and brother had died falling off the edge of a cliff the previous year. She is living hand to mouth and in serious debt but is determined to stay strong and not lose the farm her family had worked so hard to keep, even though something or someone else is determined to destroy the farm and her livelihood. Not only that her face was deeply scarred from a wolf attack years ago and claw marks have been found in the farms destruction, has the wolf now returned to claim her for good?

Torin also found himself without his parents and lives with his uncle, he carries heavy guilt around with him on a daily basis. One escape Torin does have is that he can shapeshift into a bird form which gives him so much power and the ability to train Gryfalcons so well.

Asta and Torin have both found themselves alone without their immediate families to look after them, events unfold and their marriage is arranged. They now find that they have each other, although both clueless to what a marriage entails, and a farm in need of saving. Will their joint forces be enough for the hidden darkness that lies beyond?

I loved Astra's strength and determination to do her best no matter what. I loved Torin's loving, caring, deep, protective character. I realize that I've used the word 'loved' so much but that's how I feel about this book. This is a fantastic mixture of historical fiction, traditions/myths, shapeshifting fantasy, humor and romance from an author who I haven't read before but certainly will be from now on.

Scars took me back to how I felt when I first became passionate about reading and I can't wait for more! ( )
  beckvalleybooks | Mar 9, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,688,009 books! | Top bar: Always visible