Spoken from the Heart: Embracing the…

Spoken from the Heart: Embracing the Adventure

by Cheri Swalwell

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byjbarr5

No tags.

Spoken from the Heart: Embracing the Adventure by Cheri Swalwell
This book starts out with the Advent wreath on the table. It's just like how my brothers and sister were raised. I can see us sitting around the table, candle lit week after week adding more while mom explained what it all meant to us.
Although she was not Catholic she raised all 5 of us to be Catholic, taking us not only to church but enrolling us into catholic school for 8+ years, going through Holy Communion, confirmation, etc. She'd use pine cones and holly branches and berries from our own trees to adorn the candles and Advent wreath.
I can relate to many of the authors challenges as I've faced them from one time to another. I am a worrier and am trying hard to just let things go and think only of the good parts but it's a difficult challenge to say the least. Learned so much more from the author's point of view I feel like hitting the palm of my hand on my forehead because it was right there in front of me the whole time!
Especially another time when the car breaks down and she knows what it will cost and the good parts as the towing was free. We are trying to lead simpler life's as we age and a lot of the worry is gone because of our changes over the years.
Love the signs God sends in his own way. Was able to correspond with the author with questions I had and was promptly answered. Can't wait to read more of her works.
I was given the book by the author where we met via Book Fun (The Book Club Network) and this is my honest review ( )
  jbarr5 | Mar 9, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,937,051 books! | Top bar: Always visible