Forgotten Heart (Edgefield Dukedom Book 1)…

Forgotten Heart (Edgefield Dukedom Book 1)

by Caroline Johnson

213,660,339 (4)None
Recently added byvera_mallard
Aloof (1) cold (1) marry (1) regency (1)

STORY-LINE FORGOTTEN HEART:

In Forgotten Heart, the reader finds Lord Bridgewater informed it's time to marry his childhood fiancée; engaged from 9 and 3 respectively, he does not even remember how she looks. Uniting families and good friends, their union's looked upon with happiness by both sets of parents. Tongue tied upon meeting Agnes, Lord Bridgewater, John, can't think. She is beautiful and genuine. The usually suave man's suddenly tongue-tied and his brain stopped working.

Things take a fast downward spiral as John and Agnes seem unable to communicate. John appears bored and certainly not excited to marry. John sees Agnes as cold and aloof. With the parents at wit's end, Agnes thinks John is avoiding her due to dislike. John's attraction to Agnes causes him to appear, uninterested, and bored, while Agnes appears cold and aloof. These two stand apart and far from becoming closer. Doomed before they speak the vows or will they come to terms? My review for regency romance novel, Heart Forgotten, follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Author Caroline Johnson gave the reader a look at insecurity from man's point of view in Heart Forgotten. Usually the gentleman's self-assured and the lady's a wreck. Not so in Heart Forgotten. It was wonderful to see John stammering, uncertain and totally blinded by Agnes. As a result, Agnes' insecurities rise as John closets himself away.

Johnson plotted her story well and then brought all the threads together to complete a relaxing, entertaining afternoon read in Heart Forgotten. I actually wanted to shake John at several points in the story and even possibly scream at him. I wondered at times if he would stay a ninny or eventually take his life in hand and court Agnes. Did he? Well, you will have to read the story to find out.

In concluding my reviews for regency romance novel Heart Forgotten, I found a relaxing light read which kept me entertained for an afternoon. Johnson's books are clean wholesome stories without the use of sex or fluff to fill pages and sell the story. I would not hesitate to buy this book for my self or a friend.

FORGOTTEN HEART RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

Another easy quick read from Caroline Johnson.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE;

Additionally, I received this book from Love Light Faith, choosing to voluntarily review the book with honest reviews for regency romance novel Heart Forgotten. Furthermore, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. No one influenced my voluntary review for regency romance novel, Forgotten Heart. ( )
  vera_mallard | Mar 9, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,692,651 books! | Top bar: Always visible