Masters of Space by E. Everett Evans

Masters of Space (1976)

by E. Everett Evans

115,452,106 (3)None
Recently added byjjmcgaffey

An odd book. It is very strongly a Doc Smith story - everything from the brilliant _and_ beautiful characters to the malevolent enemy aliens - and yet there's some flavor that's off. I can't quite identify what Evans put in the story (he started it, Doc Smith finished it after his death), but it's definitely there. The androids bound to obey the Masters are very odd - though I do like the humans' solution. And the switch the humans had to make, afterward, is truly weird. It's an odd little story. I'm glad I read it, but I don't feel any particular urge to reread. ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Aug 25, 2017 |

This collaborative work was completed by Edward E. Smith after his friend and fellow writer E. Everett Evans passed away unexpectedly, leaving a partially finished manuscript behind. The story follows protagonist Jarvis Hilton and a research crew as they head into outer space in pursuit of information -- and adventure.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,867,056 books! | Top bar: Always visible