Do You Solemnly Swear? A Nation of Law, The…

Do You Solemnly Swear? A Nation of Law, The Dark Side

by Lin Wilder

1None5,447,655NoneNone
Recently added byLin_Wilder

No reviews
Brilliant. Literally this could be a one-word review and it would capture my complete thoughts on this work.

Wilder has crafted a work that could resonate through the world of American Suspense Thrillers. From the start I felt I was reading John Grisham. The characters come at you hard and fast but with instant depth.

You are brought into the terrifying world of Gabe McAllister who found himself wrongfully convicted of the most heinous crime. The group that came together to take on his cause and fight for justice for him was inspiring. From his Doctor to his Warden to his lawyer to the journalist…every character you cared for deeply.

I was shocked, horrified, filled with fear, despair and dread. I was given to laughing out loud at the humor. There are romantic scenes that are touching with how true they feel. This author takes you on a journey that is a must read for everyone.
added by Lin_Wilder | editAmazon Customer Review

I am really enjoying this series by Lin Wilder, for many reasons, one being that the reader does not necessarily have to read the series in order. “Do You Solemnly Swear” is another gripping courtroom drama, focused on a character Gabel McCallister, who is accused of molesting a child, which is the worst crime that can be committed, even by prison standards. He is beaten severely and winds up in the prison infirmary where he is tended to by another previously wrongly accused inmate, now the medical director Lindsay McCall. As the story plays out, familiar characters are brought back into the story, as well as new faces, who the reader hope will see again in future books. The storyline is similar and appealing to fans of John Grisham, and justice is served at the end. Most of the appeal of the story is in the character development of each of the new characters.
added by Lin_Wilder | editAmazon Customer Review

Wow. Just wow. This book kept me on the edge of my seat with every passing page and Im pretty sure Lin Wilder has blown my mind. Do you Solemnly Swear is a book following the tale of Gabe McAllister who is accused of sexually abusing his ex girlfriends five year old daughter. A topic alone that will make your skin crawl, and the author skillfully crafts her words to twist your stomach in knots. Through the entire book she deals with not only this taboo subject, but the topic of how the justice system in America can fail you. So well written and researched,

The legal drama and court procedures will intrigue and satisfy those with a taste for convoluted high-conflict plot, and characters are well-rounded and fully local to Houston, with Wilder cleverly spinning up the professional angles of journalism, medicine, legal, and military at every turn to give the story a unique feel. It’s not a push to imagine this highly female-led series making to a TV adaptation; something like The Closer would suit very well.

The more laws, the less justice.
—Cicero
The grin on Dr. Lindsey McCall’s face was so broad that it nearly split her face in two as she gazed around the Huntsville Prison Emergency Treatment Center with an unusual sense of pride. McCall had felt no pride in the discovery of her new drug Digipro, yet the irrepressible joy in the new center was a tangible thing. The gleaming technology arrayed in the diagnostic room on her left, the state of the art eight-bed patient care area that dominated the Center filled her with joy.
How can I restore what I have never stolen? — Psalm 69

“I had never sat on a jury before, ever. And I hope I never do again.” Allbrite’s dark blue eyes searched Kate’s brown ones. “Wouldn’t you think that there would be twelve people willing to weigh the evidence? Willing to listen critically to the case presented against him by the DA?
“Wouldn’t you think a jury of your peers would begin by assuming innocence? I waited for three hours while the judge, the prosecution, and defense eliminated potential jurors. Over thirty people were dismissed that morning. If they had a relative who was a cop or they’d had prior experience with sexual abuse, they were excused. But we still ended up with eleven people who believed the guy was guilty simply because he was there.”

Lin Wilder is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,714,096 books! | Top bar: Always visible