Voyager (1994)

by Diana Gabaldon

Series: Outlander (3)

10,324191529 (4.28)275
Set in the intriguing Scotland of 200 years ago, the third installment in the romantic adventures of Jamie and Claire is as compelling as the first. Now that Claire knows Jamie survived the slaughter at Culloden, she is faced with the most difficult decision of her life. She aches to travel back through time again to find the love of her life, but, in order to do that, she must leave their daughter behind. It has been 20 years since she and Jamie were forced to separate. Can she risk everything, maybe even her life, on a gamble that their love has withstood the long, rigorous test of time?… (more)

English (187)  German (2)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (191)
I started this series when it first came out because I kept hearing how great it was. And while I did enjoy the first novel I enjoyed it less and less with each subsequent book. Reading these books has become more habit than anything else. I really have not enjoyed the last few books and this one was no exception. I sort of feel obliged at this point to see the story to its conclusion so it would be nice if it would finally conclude. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
This was my go-to audio book for knitting. Enjoyable, but I'm glad I had something to do while listening. ( )
  gbelik | Jun 28, 2021 |
Loved it! Stayed up WAAAY too late one night to simply get to the point where they are reunited! ( )
  ValorieBrown | May 20, 2021 |
After a slow beginning the middle is extremely good. But the limits of coincidence are stretched just a little too much and the ending was far too random and gibberishy for my liking ( )
  Andorion | Feb 6, 2021 |
Book 3 of the Outlander series.
I continue to be drawn by the writing, the creativity and the story, but at the end of each book I wonder if I'll be reading the next volume.
This book moves past the historical anchors of the Jacobite rebellion in Scotland, allowing the author more latitude with the plot - which she uses. The story becomes a mad scramble through fires and fights, shipwrecks and pirates, and sex - lots of sex, all leaving me a little bemused. I preferred the more steady dramas of the earlier volumes.
But the writing still attracts me. Volume 4 beckons - but maybe not for a while. ( )
  mbmackay | Jan 19, 2021 |

Schumacher, KarlPhotographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Steckhan, Barbarasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Studio MCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Many a Highland chieftain fought,
Many a gallant man did fall.
Death itself was dearly bought,
All for Scotland's King and law.
- "Will Ye No Come Back Again"
To my children, Laura Juliet, Samuel Gordon, and Jennifer Rose, Who gave me the heart, the blood, and the bones of this book.
When I was small, I never wanted to step in puddles. Not because of any fear of drowned worms or wet stockings; I was by and large a grubby child, with a blissful disregard for filth of any kind. (Prologue)
He was dead. However, his nose throbbed painfully, which he thought odd in the circumstances.

Diana Gabaldon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,588,452 books! | Top bar: Always visible