Voyager by Diana Gabaldon

Voyager (1994)

by Diana Gabaldon

Series: Outlander (3)

9,203168523 (4.3)266
Set in the intriguing Scotland of 200 years ago, the third installment in the romantic adventures of Jamie and Claire is as compelling as the first. Now that Claire knows Jamie survived the slaughter at Culloden, she is faced with the most difficult decision of her life. She aches to travel back through time again to find the love of her life, but, in order to do that, she must leave their daughter behind. It has been 20 years since she and Jamie were forced to separate. Can she risk everything, maybe even her life, on a gamble that their love has withstood the long, rigorous test of time?… (more)
Recently added bymiloh86, mtsvickers, j4cantu4, private library, Smoriarty, bobf32, FreeQette, erinmuse

English (163)  German (2)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (167)
Such a whirlwind this book was. I was excited for many things that happened and anxious for others. And I'm glad that there was more humor in the characters and situations than was in the last book, or last half of the last book.
It was definitely a wild ride.
Remind me to never travel to the Caribbean with Jamie and Claire, so much can go wrong! ( )
  untitled841 | Jul 24, 2019 |
Clare discovers that Jamie didn't die and returns to him. We learn of Jamie's injuries and imprisonment and Clare's birthing and raising Brianna with Frank. Clare is now a doctor.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Their passionate encounter happened long ago by whatever measurement Claire Randall took. Two decades before, she had traveled back in time and into the arms of a gallant eighteenth-century Scot named Jamie Fraser. Then she returned to her own century to bear his child, believing him dead in the tragic battle of Culloden. Yet his memory has never lessened its hold on her... and her body still cries out for him in her dreams.

Then Claire discovers that Jamie survived. Torn between returning to him and staying with their daughter in her own era, Claire must choose her destiny. And as time and space come full circle, she must find the courage to face the passion and pain awaiting her...the deadly intrigues raging in a divided Scotland... and the daring voyage into the dark unknown that can reunite or forever doom her timeless love.

Review: I really loved this book! I can't get enough of Jaime and Claire! Can't wait to read the next book! ( )
  CurlUpAndRead | Jun 10, 2019 |
Reread for a catchup of the show and the books. I'd forgotten how long these novels were! I have to say... there are quite a few problematic pieces to this book that I hadn't noticed the first time around.

Additionally, having watched the show, everything was in the actor's voices. Which was not unpleasant at all. ( )
  ladypembroke | May 17, 2019 |
Love it, the adventure of Claire and Jaime continues. It´s full of very moving moments. But also it´s a fantastic way of getting in touch of different historic facts. Enjoyable. ( )
  elicarra | Mar 7, 2019 |

Schumacher, KarlPhotographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Steckhan, Barbarasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Studio MCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Many a Highland chieftain fought,
Many a gallant man did fall.
Death itself was dearly bought,
All for Scotland's King and law.
- "Will Ye No Come Back Again"
To my children, Laura Juliet, Samuel Gordon, and Jennifer Rose, Who gave me the heart, the blood, and the bones of this book.
When I was small, I never wanted to step in puddles. (Prologue)
He was dead.

Diana Gabaldon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,753,618 books! | Top bar: Always visible