The Coppersmith Farmhouse

by Devney Perry

Series: Jamison Valley (1)

"Gigi has just uprooted her whole world to start a new life. The unexpected gift of a farmhouse in small-town Montana is just what she and her daughter need to escape big-city loneliness. The last thing she needs is attitude from the town's sheriff, the most perfectly attractive and ruggedly handsome man she's ever laid eyes on--and a complete jerk. Jess knows all about women like Gigi. Beautiful. Sexy. Scheming. She's stolen his sanctuary, the farmhouse that should have been his. But along with a face full of freckles, she's got a sharp wit and a backbone of steel--something he doesn't discover until after making a complete fool of himself. If he can earn back her trust and win her heart, he might just find the home he's always needed."--… (more)

I had some issues with the male lead character. The female lead wasn't really working for me either. The dialog was a little off-putting at times. Perhaps it's just me. I probably won't seek out upcoming books in the series, though. ( )
  Carole0220 | Mar 23, 2020 |
The Coppersmith Farmhouse is the first in a series of books by Devney Perry. I have read other books by this author that I enjoyed, so I decided to also give this series a try.

The romance in this story is between Jess and Georgia. Georgia and her young daughter had become friends with an older gentleman who leaves her his farmhouse in Montana after he dies. He encourages her to move to Montana and asks her to deliver a letter and some money to the caretaker of the house. Jess "Brick" and Georgia have a rocky start until she learns that he is the caretaker. After this, their relationship seems to move along rather quickly. Jess is the sheriff and there are some suspenseful additions to the plot based on his job and cases he is working on. He is also kind of an over the top alpha male. This character trait causes some problems with his and Georgia's relationship.

While this book started out good for me, I was a little put off by how fast they jumped into their relationship. Jess was very controlling. Even though Georgia calls him on this behavior, she is quick to just say, "okay" when he asks her to forgive him.

I am still interested in reading more of this series. ( )
  sdbookhound | Mar 13, 2019 |
Received a free copy from Kennedy Fox's newsletter.
  leighannewrites | Oct 27, 2018 |
**** 4 Star Review ****

This. If all romance novels were written just like this, I would definitely read more of them, a lot more of them!

I am kind of at a loss as to what to say. I loved almost everything about this book. Omg, Jess. I don't swoon over male characters in books, but if I did, he is totally swoon worthy. Heck, I don't usually like "alpha" males in general, but he gives a whole new definition to "alpha" male, one I could like.

Gigi. I loved her. Her insecurities grated on my nerves a few times, but it is what it is. Every single instance fit the story, so it isn't a negative for me in this book.

The plot moved at a deliciously slower, but perfect, pace. I devoured the story and thoroughly enjoyed it. There was only one drawback for me. There is one scene, a bigger scene that is a big part of the climax of this story. It just felt, rushed, thrown in. While the book called for it, I just couldn't connect with what was happening and the character's personality change.

Overall, this is definitely a book so many are going to love, many already are. I highly recommend it. I will most definitely be reading the rest of this series one at a time. ( )
  AmberGoleb | Mar 13, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,777,698 books! | Top bar: Always visible