I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere but the Pool…

I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere but the Pool

by Lisa Scottoline, Francesca Serritella

485242,697 (4)1

I'm not sure if I say this every time, but this year's collection of essays by mother daughter duo Lisa Scottoline and Francesca Serritella is by far my favorite. Both of their voices reflect the humor found in everyday life, whether dealing with dogs, gardens, men, jobs or home renovation. Every summer, I feel like I know this pair a bit better and only wish they would take their beach book tour into the Midwest. There's over 10.000 lakes in MN, I'm sure we could find a bookstore with a view to host! ( )
  ethel55 | Jul 21, 2017 |
I received a free advance e-copy of this book and have chosen to write an honest and unbiased review. I have no personal affiliation with the author. Lisa Scottoline is one of my all time favorite authors. This is the first time I have read one of the nonfiction books written with her daughter Francesca. We see the lighter side of their lives. A hysterical look at everyday life. A very funny writing team that says just what they think with no holds barred about real life situations. I laughed ‘til I cried. I could relate because many times I’ve been in the same situation. Yes, we truly are our own lifeguards as we deal with everyday life occurrences and we should look at the lighter side and have a few laughs. These are great little stories written separately by Lisa and Francesca. They both have a great sense of humor and can laugh at themselves. This book is well worth the read and I recommend it to anyone that enjoys a good laugh. I hope to read more by both of these authors in the future. ( )
  iadam | Jul 15, 2017 |
These books are just a lot of fun. I have read quite a few of these books by Lisa Scottoline and her daughter, Francesca Serritella, and have really enjoyed all of them. The stories in this book are each very short and can be read in a couple of minutes but are highly addictive. I couldn't seem to read just a few of the stories but found myself reading this book like it was a marathon or something. I just cannot get enough of these glimpses into Lisa and Francesca's lives.

I found it so easy to relate to Lisa and Francesca. Lisa Scottoline is an author that I really enjoy and have been reading for a number of years. While I was at one of Lisa's book signings, another fan recommend that I read the books in this series. So I did and the rest is history. Though these books I really feel like I have had the chance to really get to know Lisa and Francesca. I feel almost like I could pull up a chair at their table for a nice chat because they have really let me into their lives through these books. In the previous books in the series, I found myself relating to Lisa much more than Francesca but I this book I think it has evened out a bit. Maybe it is because Francesca didn't really talk about dating as she has in previous books because she is on a hiatus from men. I am an old married woman and barely remember dating so I am happy to read about other things.

This book covers a little bit of everything. Seriously everything. There are stories about yoga, bridal showers, snakes, dogs, doggy diapers, family members, building furniture, remote controls, exercise equipment, buying trucks, and the list goes on. Really these stories are just about navigating through life and all of the things that are encountered on a daily basis. These stories are told with a good dose of humor and many mentions of Bradley Cooper. Lisa has a series thing for Bradley Cooper. Not all of the stories are pretty and some made me squirm. Hello...snakes!! Some stories were more serious and heartfelt but all of them were very real.

I would highly recommend this book to others. I think that just about any woman that has made it to adulthood will find something to relate to in this book. I can't wait to read more of their work in the future.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from St. Martin's Press via NetGalley. ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Jul 13, 2017 |
I'm a big fan of Lisa Scottoline's books and especially her non-fiction with daughter Francesca. I look forward to reading these once a year.

Hysterically funny as always in her life no matter what she talks about. I can relate to her more so than Francesca probably because she's a few years older than me. Francesca does less chapters but I do like her take on things being 30. ( )
  sweetbabyjane58 | Jun 24, 2017 |
A quirky, funny, anecdotal novel that will have you laughing, tearing up and saying, "I know exactly what you're saying!"
With small chapters on various topics, this is a novel you can read, put down to do a weekend baseball tournament with your kids, then get right back into without missing a beat.
*I received an arc from the publisher through NetGalley for an honest review ( )
  KimMcReads | Jun 22, 2017 |

Lisa Scottolineprimary authorall editionscalculated
Serritella, Francescamain authorall editionsconfirmed

"Lisa and Francesca are back with another collection of warm and witty stories that will strike a chord with every woman. This seven book series is among the best reviewed humor books published today and has been compared to the late greats, Erma Bombeck and Nora Ephron"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,326,095 books! | Top bar: Always visible