Chase (American Extreme Bull Rider Tour Book…

Chase (American Extreme Bull Rider Tour Book 2)

by Barbara Dunlop

STORY-LINE CHASE BY BARBARA DUNLOP

Chase Garrett had his life all planned, his fiancée's pregnant, they have a wedding coming soon, he's just sold his ranch to live where she wants, and then he finds her and his best in bed with even more mind-blowing news.

Chase begins a tour with the American Extreme Bull Riders Association, riding bulls, encasing his heart in cold steel, living for the moment. Until, a 3-year-old, Riley Barrett, runs from the audience and ultimately into path of a mean bull in the arena. Chase saves the boys who wraps around him like a snake, calling him daddy. Riley's determined Chase is his daddy. His mother, Maddy, doesn't know what to do as her husband died in the bull ring a year ago and Chase Garrett is not Chase Barrett. What a coincident they look so similar, have the same first name and the last names are similar. Maddy and Chase join forces to try gentle persuasion in convincing Riley, Chase is not his father. The closer Maddy and Chase become the more complicated the situation. Will Chase open his heart to love and the another chance at family and home?

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, AND DEVELOPMENT:

I found Chase, an entertaining short read, suitable for anyone who enjoys western rodeo based stories. The plot was intriguing as Chase and Maddy try to find a solution to Riley's conviction without inflicting any more trauma to the young child. I loved Chase's character as Dunlop instilled him with wonderful traits; he's strong, has a soft heart, willing to do the right thing and help anyone in need. The perfect description of a cowboy hero. Maddy is no shrinking violet. She is strong and giving with a heart waiting for love and happy ever after. The star of the book, of course, is 3-year-old Riley; smart, all boy, talks like a grown up, and all cowboy.

The pace was smooth and steady without starts and stops as the story progressed seamlessly. The introduction of Maddy's brothers as secondary characters add depth to the story and the opportunities for further books. Chase has several love scenes which were not explicit or graphic.

CHASE RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

In addition, I received this book from Netgalley through Librarything. I chose to voluntarily review the book/novel with honest reviews for romance novel, Chase. Furthermore, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book/novel review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book/novel reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. No one influenced my voluntary reviews for romance novel, Chase. ( )
  vera_mallard | May 23, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was a quick read, but that does not take away from the fact that the characters are well developed. In fact I want to know more about the Merrick Family (including Lucas, Eli, Wyatt and Zane) can we get a spin off??? Please?

The main character Maddy is a strong independent woman who knows what she wants in life and is trying to capture it and preserve it. It is difficult not to love this character and i found her extremely relateable. Not to mention that you cannot help but fall in love with her son Riley. He was such a real and honest character.

And chase he is everything you want in a steamy strong and loyal lead character. I don't want to give away too much but you will swoon when you meet him (in literary terms ;))

I will be keeping my eye out for more from Barbra Dunlop ( )
  Elly88 | May 19, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed this story by Ms Dunlop. Our main characters, Maddy, a widow with a 3 yr old , and Chase, a bull rider, are both complex, imperfect and interesting individuals who are good hearted but also filled with insecurities, hurt and fears of loving again.
When Chase rescues 3 year old Riley from being stomped by a bull, Maddy and Chase develop a friendship and sparks are flying . Will they trust their feelings, and each other or will they walk away to avoid being hurt.
Throw into the mix four opinionated though loving brothers, a friend who has secrets of her own, and a cute boy, and you have a story worth reading.
I was gifted this book by Netgalley and Librarything. The opinions expressed are solely my own. ( )
  yvonnetcruz | May 9, 2017 |
Chase by Barbara Dunlop
American Extreme Bull Riders Tour, #2

This series is written by a variety of authors with all of the stories focused on attractive interesting manly rodeo bull riders. The sport is dangerous but can be lucrative and seems to have some interesting men competing…and all the men in this series will no doubt find the perfect woman.

The blurb explains the intro to the story and pretty much what it will be about. Chase has been cuckolded in the past year and Maddy has been widowed. Both have pain to deal with but are also ripe for a relationship. Riley, Maddy’s son, is the catalyst that gets them together which then leads to their spending time together doing rather mundane family type things that allows the couple a bit of time to know one another. How it all works out is kind of up in the air at times even though you know the two should and probably will end up together.

I have a feeling this is the first book in a series that Dunlop plans to write. Why do I think this? Because Maddy has four brothers aching to have their stories told and then a friend of Maddy’s shows up, Piper, and she seems to need her story told as well…so…there were hints at books in the making to interest the reader. And, I would like to read those stories ;)

What did I think? I liked the premise for the story and the interactions of the characters. I felt that perhaps a bit more was needed to justify Chase’s reasoning and actions toward the end, especially after he had seemed so reasonable before becoming a bit unreasonable. All in all this was an easy and quick read that allowed a bit of insight into bull riding, provided a romance and the hook for a potential series for the author to write in the future.

Thank you to NetGalley and Tule Publishing for the ARC – this is my honest review.

3 Stars ( )
  CathyGeha | May 9, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed this book about Chase and Maddy. It was a quick, easy and enjoyable read. I do agree that there were some editing issues that need to be addressed but with that being said I still would recommend this book. I did notice that this shows as book 2 in the American Extreme Bull Rider Tour book series and I normally do not like reading books out of order. It looks like this series has different authors and book 1 was not yet available for purchase. I am hoping this author either has done or will be doing a book about Maddy's brothers. ( )
  lulu150 | May 6, 2017 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Barbara Dunlop's book Chase is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,106,373 books! | Top bar: Always visible