Lady Jayne Disappears by Joanna Davidson…

Lady Jayne Disappears

by Joanna Davidson Politano

Deeply mysterious and unpredictable, this debut novel is a winner in my "book!" The story moves along swiftly and kept my attention throughout. Characters are well documented, and the setting is enchanting! I highly recommend! ( )
  NanceeM | Aug 21, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was captivating! I absolutely loved her style of writing. This story was so well written, and was a delight to my imagination as I turned each page. It's been a while since I enjoyed a book so much. The mystery part of this story seriously had me questioning what the author had up her sleeve. I loved that this story was not predictable and made me work to figured out the mystery. If you are looking for a fantastic tale woven together with beautiful artistry, pick up Lady Jayne Disappears and enjoy some great writing!!!

***I received this complimentary book from Library Thing. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own. ( )
  MandaT | Jul 13, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book kept me rivoted to my seat until the very end. I would love to see the sequal or as the late father Woolf in the story requested of his daughter to write the second book of the true story of their family, of course it is just a fiction novel withing in a novel. But perhaps a second novel that continues to follow the family after the union of Silas and Aurelie Rosette Harcourt... ( )
  redheadish | Jul 10, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This seems like a lovely story, but I tried three times to get into it, but could not. I read for about fifty pages but had such a hard time with the writing style. So glad others enjoyed it. ( )
  Godsgirl | May 19, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
30. Lady Jayne Disappears by Joanna Davidson Politano - Who is Nathanial Droll? He is the author of one of the most popular serials in 1861. But, no one seems to know who he is or how he can know so much about London Society and one family in particular. Aurelie Harcourt knows who Nathanial Droll is, but she is not going to tell. Her past in Shepton Mallet's Debtor's Prison afforded her chance meeting with Droll and it changed her life forever. But was this change for better or worse and can she keep the secret of Nathanial Droll to herself or will someone else force it out of her?

This was a very interesting Victorian mystery. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and would definitely recommend it to fans of historical fiction. Thank you LibraryThing for the early reviewers copy! ( )
  chrirob | May 18, 2018 |

When Aurelie Harcourt's father dies in debtor's prison, he leaves her just two things: his wealthy family, whom she has never met, and his famous pen name, Nathaniel Droll. Her new family greets her with apathy and even resentment. Only the quiet houseguest, Silas Rotherham, welcomes her company. When Aurelie decides to complete her father's unfinished serial novel, writing the family into the story as unflattering characters, she must keep her identity as Nathaniel Droll hidden while searching for the truth about her mother's disappearance--and perhaps even her father's death. Author Joanna Davidson Politano's stunning debut set in Victorian England will delight readers with its highly original plot, lush setting, vibrant characters, and reluctant romance.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Joanna Davidson Politano's book Lady Jayne Disappears is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Joanna Davidson Politano is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,236,957 books! | Top bar: Always visible