Uni the Unicorn and the Dream Come True

by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

Other authors: Brigette Barrager (Illustrator)

Series: Uni the Unicorn (2)

Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Brigette Barrager reunite to bring us a sparkly, magical sequel to Uni the Unicorn!      The Land of Unicorns is in trouble -- it has been raining and raining for what seems like forever. This is a big problem because there are only three ways that unicorns can get their magic: from the golden sun, from magnificent rainbows, and from the sparkle of believing.      Luckily, Uni the Unicorn has always always always believed...that little girls are REAL. Join this very special unicorn and the little girl who believes right back as they finally meet and work together to save a magical land and all who live there!      Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Brigette Barrager reunite to revive this world glowing with possibility and hope that is the stuff of childhood fantasies.… (more)

The world lost an amazing Children’s author when Ms. Rosenthal passed. This was one of her later stories. It’s about believing in magic, and magic believing in you. The illustrations are a perfect dreamy quality to go with this dreamy story. ( )
  LibrarianRyan | Dec 31, 2020 |
I wish there was more stars that I could give this book!! I absolute loved this book, and so did my boyfriend’s little girl. She read the entire book to me and loved it so much that she asked for this book for her birthday. She is obsessed with Unicorns and I knew this was the perfect book to read together. The illustration in this book were phenomenal, and will catch any child's attention for sure, they were so bright and colorful. The little girl in this book, and the unicorn both believed that one another were REAL. Then one special day after lots and lots of rain, and claps of thunder, ZAP, they both made the same wish. They were finally together, and they were able to give the other unicorns their strength and magic back. Now they were able to stay connected to one another from the rainbow bridge from the little girl’s house to the Unicorn field. This book is so adorable and teaches children to use their imagination. I think everything about this book is so adorable and I cannot wait to give this book to my boyfriend’s little girl and be able to read it again with her. ( )
  nmhoward | Sep 11, 2019 |
The land of unicorns is besieged by never-ending rain, so the unicorns lose their glow and power. Only Uni retains any magic because of her deep belief that little girls are in fact real. Meanwhile, far away a little girl dreams of unicorns. Will a little magic help them find each other?

This book is apparently the follow up to a previous picture book simply titled Uni the Unicorn. I'm not sure how much this one really relies on knowledge from that story, as it seems to more or less stand on its own. The plotline is fairly slim, and the text has little repetition and no rhyme nor any of Rosenthal's usual humor. The illustrations are reminiscent of 1990s Lisa Frank stickers -- full of rainbow colors, unicorns, and friendly animals. I could see some readers who like the overly twee enjoying this book, but it wasn't really my cup of tea. Even my 7-year-old niece who loves rainbows wasn't particularly thrilled by this title. ( )
  sweetiegherkin | Apr 17, 2018 |
I didn't realize when I picked it up that this was a sequel, but it didn't make much impact on my understanding of the story. It's a fairly simple story about a unicorn that believes in humans even though all the other unicorns don't. The art work is very bright and colorful, but I felt that the story was underdeveloped. ( )
  SWONclear | Oct 23, 2017 |
Adorable sequel to Uni The Unicorn. Finally fans get the see Uni and the little girl from the first book get together all because they believe in each other.

I was happy to see this continuation of Uni The Unicorn as the first book ended abruptly and without conclusiveness. Getting to see the little blonde hair-girl and Uni together was bittersweet as they saved the dreary skies and magicless unicorn world.

Although the story is sweet it is a little too simple and yearns for more substance by the end. The story has so much potential but not unlike the first book it runs out of steam.

While I still think this is a good book there are just things as an adult that rub me the wrong way but for child I do not think they would be noticed. ( )
  lavenderagate | Oct 19, 2017 |

Amy Krouse Rosenthalprimary authorall editionscalculated
Barrager, BrigetteIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

What is causing the endless rain in the land of unicorns? Can anyone bring back the sunshine, rainbows, and magic? Will Uni and the little girl finally meet? Find out in this epic follow-up to Uni the Unicorn, about the one unicorn who has always believed that little girls are REAL.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,947,208 books! | Top bar: Always visible