By Her Touch by Adriana Anders

By Her Touch

by Adriana Anders

Series: Blank Canvas (Apr 2017 - book 2)

Undercover cop Clay Navarro left the Sultans biker gang a changed man. Its ringleaders may be awaiting trial, but he wears the memory of every brutal act he was forced to commit tattooed across his skin. He doesn't have space in his messed-up life for anything gentle-not now, maybe not ever.

By Her Touch was such a riveting and emotionally driven romance that really tugs at the reader’s emotions here. After reading book one, I was very curious about the side character, our skin healer “George Hadley” and I am so happy that we got her book in this beloved story and I thought that this book was really well played and the narrator did a decent job, not my favorite narration by any stretch of the imagination, but a decent solid work here.Our story begins with our hero, Clay Navarro, who after seeing his baby sister end up being killed by a motorcycle club, he wants to bring this club down and especially those involved in her death. So Clay goes undercover along with his close friend into the MC to bring down the club and Clay found himself torn at times when he found a brotherhood in this club but also knew of members that were cruel and masochistic and needed to be brought down. But they were betrayed on the night of the raid, and somehow they knew that Clay was one of the operative and he was shot in the back and it took months to recover. But even after those gun shots, they were the worst of the wounds that he received.During his time at the club, he had to be tattoed against his will and they only serve as a painful reminder of the horrors he was forced to witness and participate in, so he could bring the club down. Now he is on the run, there is a traitor in the government agency, a friend has been murdered who was in hiding and so now he has changed his name and come to a small town where a skin repairing facility is to help him get rid of the tattoos that haunt him. George Hadley, is a skin recovery Doctor, and a widow. She is busy with her patients, getting ready to have a baby with her late husband's sperm who died of cancer and she craves being a mother. But then when she meets Clay, there is a spark of connection between them, but Clay doesn't want to put George in danger no matter the love that is slowly developing between themBy Her Touch was such a emotionally wrought romance and Iadored this book quite a bit. I really liked this slow burn story, I really liked to see Clay and George come together and seeing them overcome the dangers surrounding them. It is very interesting, to see them help each other. Clay is suffering from severe PTSD, and George knows that he needs help, but she also knows that he is hiding from something. Clay's plan was just to get his markings removed before he goes to trial while trying to keep himself hidden from the MC.There is a sensuality that builds between these two that sucks the reader into the story with such a magnetism. Its not only a stunning love story, but its also story of redemption and healing. We see the trauma that Clay has suffered, we do get a few flashbacks in the beginning of the story of his mission in going undercover with the MC and see why he is suffering so much. But then we see him find what he needs in this small town with a female doctor that is compassionate and finding his place among the town.Overall I found By Her Touch to be a beatifully crafted romance that mixes in a delving into suspense, intrigue, and sizzling chemistry.....EXHILIRATING! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 26, 2019 |
gritty ( )
  Janicemo | Feb 25, 2018 |
Received an ARC for my fair review for netgalley. This was a touching book about second chances. Clay had been through so much, pain and suffering, and he had no hope for a good life. He suffered thru self incrimination and just went thru the motions. He meets Dr. Hadley (George) to remove his tattoo's, but does this for a court case, and they are all over. George is heartbroken when she sees his body covered, but she is also seriously attracted to him, and it is unethical for her to have a relationship with him. Clay fires her, and tries a couple of times to take it further, but tends to run out on her because he feels he does not deserve someone so good in his life. George makes him see that she needs him too. They end up having some difficulty with a biker group after Clay, but they get thru it, stay together. I am waiting for Jessi's story. The only thing that I was hoping for was more of Uma and Ive. ( )
  Pelusa41 | Mar 21, 2017 |
I just loved Clay in this story, he sure knew how to get what he wanted.
"I can't get involved with patients. It's completely unethical." say's Dr. Georgette, to which Clay answers "Okay"...."You're fired". Lol. He really had his moments.
Clay Navarro is an undercover cop who has spent several years with the Sultans MC. He's had to do unimaginable things to fit in and wears the memory of his atrocities tattooed on his skin. Now he's on the run from the club, his biggest giveaway is his tats., they have to go and he won't be sorry when that happens. He asks Dr Georgette Handley, a dermatologist and a widow who discovers she's a little sexually frustrated when she get's to close to the over the top uniqueness of her sexy patient.
The characters in this story have broken pasts to over come and are both fight independently to make a better future. But sometimes everyone needs a helping hand, they just have to find the right person, and they seem to be someone you'd never expect. Lots of feelings of tension, angst and an attraction that they can't ignore.
A book not to be missed, I really enjoyed it!. ( )
  JulieD2 | Mar 19, 2017 |

Adriana Andersprimary authorall editionscalculated
King, Wendy TremontReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Audio, TantorPublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my parents, whose support means everything.
And to Corey Jo Lloyd.
The moment Ape's hand landed on his shoulder, Clay Navarro knew the game was up.

He Will Always Bear the Scars

Undercover cop Clay Navarro left the Sultans biker gang a changed man. Its ringleaders may be awaiting trial, but he wears the memory of every brutal act he was forced to commit tattooed across his skin. He doesn't have space in his messed-up life for anything gentle--not now, maybe not ever.
Dr. Georgette Hadley is drawn to the damaged stranger's pain, intimidated but intrigued by the warmth that lies beneath Clay's frightening exterior. But when the Sultans return looking for revenge, she finds herself drawn into the dirty underbelly of a life forged in violence...that not even her touch may be able to heal.

Blank Canvas Series:
Under Her Skin (Book 1)
By Her Touch (Book 2)
In His Hands (Book 3)

Praise for Under Her Skin:
"Passionate and heart-wrenching." --HelenKay Dimon, author of The Fixer
"A dark and emotional tale that will make your spine tingle as well as your heart." --Sarina Bowen, USA Today bestselling author of Bittersweet
"The perfect romance...a hint of danger, a whole lot of spice, and an HEA you believe in." --Anne Calhoun, award-winning author of Under the Surface
"The romance I've been craving--smart, edgy, brimming with heat and heart." --Cara McKenna, author ofAfter Hours

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,377,673 books! | Top bar: Always visible