Exit Strategy by Steve Hamilton

Exit Strategy

by Steve Hamilton

This more than the first Nick Mason delivered a real change of pace relative to Hamilton's other books. Explosive, bone-crunching action, dodgy moral foundation and a pervasive sense of claustrophobia kept me turning the page, hoping for a satisfying conclusion. Instead you get a gleefully cavalier attitude towards the supporting cast and a genuine sense that anything could happen now. Efficient and entertaining. ( )
  asxz | Mar 13, 2019 |
Second installment of the Nick Mason series. Nick has been assigned to take out witnesses in the witness protection system who testified against Darius Cole. In the meantime, everyone he knows and loves is in danger. Taut thriller, gruesome and graphic violence, eerie consequences. Nick's life is forever changed. ( )
  rmarcin | Jan 22, 2019 |
Exit Strategy is the follow up of the Second Life of Nick Mason. Exit Strategy is a page turner I found hard to put down. It helps to have read the first book as it sets the characters and plot up. The ending either set was set up for another Nick Mason or the conclusion of the series-I'm not sure which is the case. ( )
  lewilliams | Jun 22, 2018 |
I absolutely loved this book. I happened across book 1 at the library and really enjoyed it. I love the character of Nick Mason. He is torn between doing the right thing and protecting the people he cares about. I am certainly a fan of this series and I hope there will be a third book!

I received a galley copy from First to Read. ( )
1 vote NikkiK94 | Mar 21, 2018 |
This is the follow-up book to The Second Life of Nick Mason where he is trying to take back control of his life from the crime lord who owns it.
I found this book to be action-packed from the first page to the last page. I liked it better than the first book and the ending was a complete surprise. The good characters are starting to grow on me and the bad ones I hate even more. I was glad to see that Cole got what he deserves and I am now looking forward to reading the third book in the series.
I find Steve Hamilton to be an excellent writer and I need to check out his Alex McNight novels. I would highly recommend this book to those who like action-packed thrillers. It's best to read them in order so start with The Second Life of Nick Mason. ( )
  EadieB | Jul 17, 2017 |
To Julia

Again and always
You kill one person, it changes you.

In the stunning follow-up to the New York Times bestseller The Second Life of Nick Mason, the remarkable hero fights to take back control from the crime lord who owns his life, as he races to complete a daring and dangerous new mission. . . .

Nick Mason has been given a true mission impossible: Infiltrate WITSEC, the top-secret federal witness-protection program that has never been compromised, locate the three men who put his boss Darius Cole behind bars for life, and kill them.

But first he has to find them—they’re ghost prisoners locked down around the clock in classified “deep black” locations by an battalion of heavily armed U.S. marshals charged with protecting them—and the clock is ticking. Cole is appealing his conviction, and these witnesses are either his ticket to freedom or the final nail in his coffin. If they testify, Darius Cole will never step foot in the outside world again. If they are killed, he will walk out a free man.

As he risks everything to complete his mission, Mason finds himself being hunted by the very man he replaced, the ruthless assassin who once served, then betrayed, Darius Cole. Rather than waiting to be Mason's next victim, he has escaped witness protection to hunt down and kill Mason himself.

In an action-packed journey that leads from a high-security military installation in the Appalachian Mountains to a secret underground bunker hidden far below the streets of New York City, Nick Mason will have to become, more than ever before, the lethal weapon that Darius Cole created.

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 31 Mar 2017 07:30:32 -0400)

"Nick Mason is given a daunting new mission -- to find witnesses under federal protection and kill them before they can testify against his master Darius Cole"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,357,813 books! | Top bar: Always visible