MOTION: Identity Switch New Adult Romance by…

MOTION: Identity Switch New Adult Romance (edition 2020)

by Penny Reid (Author)

Series: Laws of Physics (1.1), Hypothesis Series (2.1)

Fiction. Romance. HTML:

One week.

Home alone.

Girl genius.

Unrepentant slacker.

Big lie.

What's the worst that could happen?

Mona is a smart girl and figured everything out a long time ago. She had to. She didn't have a choice. When your parents are uber-celebrities and you graduate from high school at fifteen, finish college at eighteen, and start your PhD program at nineteen, you don't have time for distractions outside of your foci. Even fun is scheduled. Which is why Abram, her brother's best friend, is such an irritant.

Abram is a talented guy, a supremely gifted musician, and has absolutely nothing figured out, nor does he seem to care. He does what he feels, when he feels, andâ??in Mona's opinionâ??he makes her feel entirely too much.

Where to read more of the Hypothesis Series

Book 1 ATTRACTION (ends in a cliffhanger!)

Book 2 HEAT (ends in a cliffhanger!)

Book 3 CAPTURE (no cliffhanger)

Book 4 MOTION (ends in a cliffhanger!)

Book 5 SPACE (ends in a cliffhanger!)

Book 6 TIME (no cliffhanger… (more)

Member:bookjunkie57

Work Information

Motion by Penny Reid

Motion
Hypothesis, Book 4

I Picked Up This Book Because: Continue the series.

Media Type: eBook

Mona (masquerading as Lisa):
Abram:
Lisa’s BFF

The Story:
I just don’t care. I have not connected with the characters and it’s obvious that Abram is going to be into Mona’s more Mona-like qualities. I tried reading with my eyes and alexa narration and I just kept spacing out. I can’t believe I’m DNF-ing a Penny Reid book but here we are. If there is ever a proper audiobook I’d be willing to try again. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 28, 2024 |
I'm going to write one review for all three books in this series because it's really just one long book anyway.

I enjoyed the story. The writing as always with PR is good. I liked both the hero and the heroine. There were some really interesting and fun parts. I particularly enjoyed the DO NOT BURN letters. I bought into the feelings they had for each other. The story arc was believable over all even with the insta love element.

My reaction probably suffers a bit from a sincere lack of interest in rock stars and perhaps a bit more angst mightn't have come amiss.

I did wait until all three books were out before I started the series because I know how I am. I would just rather read the whole thing at once. ( )
  Luziadovalongo | Jul 14, 2022 |
Part One of Three.

This was an enjoyable installment in the same world as Katlyn Parker and Martin Sandeke’s romance from the “Chemistry” series. Mona is a twin, the nerdy half of the duo, and the daughter of famous singers. When her twin, Lisa, is arrested, she asks Mona to pretend to be her for a week so her parents don’t find out she’s in jail. But during that week, Mona falls for Abram, the best friend of their older brother, who their parents have hired to watch out for “Lisa.” This was cute, with definite chemistry between the two leads. It was also a hard read in places simply because the deception goes on for so long, and you know there are going to be REALLY hurt feelings. Still, Penny Reid writes a compelling love story, and I always enjoy her books. This was no exception.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader.
  KatKinney | Mar 3, 2022 |
Mona is a genius, working on her PhD at age nineteen, but when her identical twin sister gets arrested, she rushes home to take her place. Abram, her brother's best friend and the guy meant to babysit the bad twin sister, doesn't know the difference but finds himself attracted.
I admit I thought the plot a bit silly. but the two lead characters saved it. Abram is more devil-may-care compared to Mona's serious attitude, but that's what made them interesting as they start to change the other's viewpoints. I did find Gabby irritating, but still a good story. Now I'm curious to see where the next book goes. ( )
  N.W.Moors | Jan 31, 2021 |
I haven't left any stars for this review as I really dislike with a vengeance the 'twin' troupe.
I read this trilogy as I love Penny Reid and her work so I thought I'd give it a try.

I still dislike the twin troupe, Mona, the heroine is a twin to her sister Lisa and the premise of the book is her taking her sisters place, making her house sitter/twin sitter believe he is with Lisa not Mona.
So it's not rocket science to foresee that Abram would fall for Lisa/Mona and raise a huge issue that she is Mona not Lisa.
It was well written, a little wordy for me but sparks of Penny Reid genius are there.
The family dynamic is complicated and I could have punched Lisa's bff the face, she was so shallow and annoying.
I felt for Mona but at the same time, as with the twin troupe, she needed to just tell him.... There were reasons why she couldn't but still...
Although Abram is in the music scene he is no manwhore.

No intimate scenes with anyone other than the Hero and heroine. No intimacy at all.
No cheating.

Cliffhanger. Its not difficult to predict the cliffhanger ending but you will need book 2 straight away.
This is not my favourite PR book, Abram appeared in the previous trilogy about Caitlyn and Martin, which i loved.
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |

Fiction. Romance. HTML:

One week.

Home alone.

Girl genius.

Unrepentant slacker.

Big lie.

What's the worst that could happen?

Where to read more of the Hypothesis Series

Book 1 ATTRACTION (ends in a cliffhanger!)

Book 2 HEAT (ends in a cliffhanger!)

Book 3 CAPTURE (no cliffhanger)

Book 4 MOTION (ends in a cliffhanger!)

Book 5 SPACE (ends in a cliffhanger!)

Book 6 TIME (no cliffhanger

Penny Reid is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,036,577 books! | Top bar: Always visible