Runaway Groom by Lauren Layne

Runaway Groom

by Lauren Layne

Series: I Do, I Don't (2)

153957,184 (4)None

Gage's perfect life is about to become a complication he doesn't need, yet can't live without. What began as a drunken bet has become a life changing moment for two people who never saw it coming. Runaway Groom is romantic comedy at the highest level. Not only is it an over the top look at love, but it's a temptation that must be experienced. Lauren Layne has created a guilty pleasure. Tears of joy and laughter are a constant with this crazily heartwarming romance. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
Interesting premise that should to appeal to legions of romance reality show fans, but I could not enjoy it.

I thought that both hero and heroine were not likable, and there was too much emphasis on the heroine 'not being like other girls' (even though both characters claimed to not believe that, and 'seemed' to care for other people, their actions and comments proved otherwise).

Add the snarkiness between the women on the show, and the utter ickiness of the characters, and this book was just not for me. Who enjoys seeing women pitted against each other for a chance to get with an idiot?

Cute cover, though.

*eARC Netgalley* ( )
  Critterbee | Apr 16, 2018 |
I loved this book! I am really kind of surprised about that to be honest. I don't like television shows like The Bachelor at all. I think they are kind of dumb and cannot understand why anyone would subject themselves to participating in something like that. So why would I want to read a book based on the same kind of thing? It is simple - Lauren Layne wrote it so I want to read it. I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive about it though. It actually turns out that this book is one of my favorites Lauren Layne books.

Gage and Ellie both end up on the reality show, Jilted. Gage is a famous actor that ends up on the show after losing a bet. He has left two women at the alter so he is the perfect man to fill the role for the show even if he is less than excited about it. Ellie wanted on the show so that she could promote her company. She hatched a plan with her friend and business partner that it would be good for business if she could wear the designer t-shirts that they sell. It turns out that Gage and Ellie seem to be the only two people that don't want to be on the show even though they are doing a pretty good job of faking it.

I loved Gage and Ellie together. They have such wonderful chemistry with each other and I really felt their connection. I loved how they interacted with each other and I think that the parts of the book that they were alone with each other were the only times either of them really showed their true selves. I really enjoyed getting the chance to be in each of their heads so that I could really see what they were feeling.

I had really wondered how a romance could be set on a reality show like this. It is not romantic to see the romantic interest spending time with other women. I liked that the relationship between Gage and Ellie happened when the cameras were off. Yes, there were a few situations that made things uncomfortable but I felt like both characters handled themselves well and it really helped them to realize what they were feeling for each other.

I would highly recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance. I read this book with a big grin on my face the entire time and there were a few scenes that really had my heart beating like crazy. I had a fantastic time watching Ellie and Gage find their happily ever after and look forward to more from Lauren Layne soon.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via NetGalley. ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Feb 19, 2018 |

Lauren Layneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bentley, Amy MelissaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sanda, RudyReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Audio, TantorPublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,335,733 books! | Top bar: Always visible