The Legend of the Wandering King by Laura…

The Legend of the Wandering King (2005)

by Laura Gallego García

Motivated by jealousy and the desire to receive acclaim as a great poet, Walid ibn Huyr, a prince of ancient Arabia, commits acts which completely change the course of his life.

English (5)  German (1)  All languages (6)
I really enjoyed this book. It had all the makings of a fairy tale and folktale with a lesson to be learned. Walid begins life with beauty, talent, and riches. His people think he is the complete package, but soon see his true self. Once he realizes his actions had grave consequences, he spends his life trying to find the magic carpet. I like how the author didn't make it easy for Walid and made him suffer to learn his valuable lesson before he can be forgiven. Like most fairy and folk tales it has a happy ending. This book could be used in literature circles focusing on folktales and fairy tales. Students could also read other folk/fairy tales and compare and contrast the common elements.
  MSara | Apr 16, 2015 |
Exciting story about Imru’l Qays, pre-Islamic poet who regrets the death of an old poet and seeks atonement as he wanders in the desert.
  fadeledu | Dec 11, 2013 |
In my opinion, this book should be a lot more popular than it is. I loved this story; the characters, plot, and events are all very well written. This is an exciting adventure story with elements of Middle Eastern mythology thrown in.
This is basically a tale out "The Arabian Nights."
Amazing and highly recommended! ( )
  joririchardson | Jan 25, 2010 |
I found this book full of adventure and a good way to talk about morale tales. It was refreshing how the author engaged the reader without some of the common traits of adventure books today. It really had a unique story, yet reminsent of age old tales. I really enjoyed this book.
  wooldridgep | Nov 22, 2008 |
This tale is set in Arabia many years ago and tells the tale of a young Prince turned King who must learn some hard lessons after he has wronged a gentle man
  prkcs | Jan 31, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,918,127 books! | Top bar: Always visible