Christmastime Cowboy by Maisey Yates
Falling for a bad boy once is forgivable. Twice would just be foolish. When Sabrina Leighton first offered her teenage innocence to gorgeous, tattooed Liam Donnelly, he humiliated her, then left town. The hurt still lingers. But so does that crazy spark. And if they have to work together to set up her family winery's new tasting room by Christmas, why not work him out of her system with a sizzling affair?… (more)

After reading Wild Ride Cowboy (book 9), I knew I needed to read Christmastime Cowboy! I knew that I needed more Donnelly! And boy, did I get a humdinger of a book with Christmastime Cowboy!!

We start out by reconnecting with Alex Donnelly, the bad boy of Copper Ridge, who broke Sabrina Leighton heart, when he took the bribe from her father, to get out of town! But now he is back, a self-made man, who wants to be a part of his family's life, even if that means dealing with the one person who hates him in all the world… Sabrina Leighton.

The last thing Sabrina need's in her life is Alex Donnelly, but the one thing she wants in her life, even if she won't admit it to herself, is Alex Donnelly! But he is back, and after an explosive arguments full of truths! Both Alex and Sabrina force themselves to face demons of the past, in order to be more.

This book blew my mind! I honestly didn’t think I could have been on a bigger emotional roller-coaster, since I read Wild Ride Cowboy, but clearly I was wrong, and please don't let the fact that this book is a romance, there are some hardcore and heartbreaking issues in this book, so if you are looking for a light and fluffy book, this isn’t for you, but if you are looking for a book that will steal your heart? WELCOME! It's truly wonderful here!

When it comes to the character, I loved Alex from the get go, with all his gruffness and sincerity. I will admit, it took me a little longer to warm up to Sabrina, because she seemed a snooty, but that quickly changes, and quite frankly, I became so lost in this book, they all became my close friends… sad, but true.

So while I could go on about this book for hours, and give away all its secrets, I am going to give you the key info. The writing is superb, and as you can tell from my ramblings above, the plot is one you can truly immerse yourself in, and this is why I give Christmastime Cowboy 5 stars!
  Cara_Ross | Dec 2, 2018 |
:) ( )
  Janicemo | Aug 19, 2018 |
Another great read from this series. (Plus, a teaser excerpt at the end for book one in a spin-off series, and a bonus novella that is a prequel! It's like getting a surprise Christmas present from Maisey Yates!)

Christmastime Cowboy is a second-chance romance/enemies-to-lovers hybrid. Practically my catnip! Liam and Sabrina were close in high school--friends, and she hoped, something more--until he rejected her (crushingly, though at least in private) and left for parts unknown, never to return...until he does. And of course they need to work together on a project for their respective workplaces--so you know where that is going, right?

Liam and Sabrina had a lot of issues to work out--within themselves, with their families, and in their relationship. Though it felt like slow going at times (is there anything worse than those relationship-with-an-expiration-date plots? So. Much. Angst) they both eventually got to somewhere at least close to where they needed to be in what felt like a realistic way. I loved seeing Liam's interactions with his family (Must. Read. Books 1 & 2, dang it. ASAP) and seeing Clara again, this time as Sabrina's friend and coworker. Grassroots Winery (Sabrina's workplace) is also providing a springboard to the next series, since Olivia lives in Gold Valley. Can't wait for book one!

(Though, okay...waiting will give me time to get to Finn and Cain's books, at least. I'll get right on that!)

Rating: 4 1/2 stars / A-

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. ( )
  beckymmoe | Dec 20, 2017 |
Paperback includes novella, "Cowboy Christmas Blues." eBook versions do not include this novella, but it is published as a stand-alone in several eBook formats (kindle, nook, and kobo).

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,763,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible