People of the Sun by Jason Parent

People of the Sun (edition 2017)

by Jason Parent (Author)

113,689,591 (5)None
Member:Scarlet-Aingeal
Title:People of the Sun
Authors:Jason Parent (Author)
Info:Sinister Grin Press (2017), 327 pages
Collections:Your library, Read, Read in 2017, Fantasy, Horror, Science Fiction, Thriller
Rating:*****
Tags:Science Fiction, Thriller, Fantasy, Horror

People of the Sun by Jason Parent

Recently added byScarlet-Aingeal

No tags.

I would like to thank Sinister Grin Press for providing me with an advanced reading copy of this book.

People of the Sun has everything I love to find in a book. It's a mix of horror, sci-fi, thriller, and dark fantasy, and it ticked all the boxes for me - I'm especially fussy when it comes to sci-fi and fantasy too, so they are not boxes that are easily ticked! It really has something for every reader within its pages. Seriously, is there anything this guy can't put his pen to?

I was totally captivated by the characters, completely immersed in their world, their experiences and their emotions. The world around me ceased to exist while I had the book in my hands. I enjoyed watching the characters grow and change throughout the story. Seeing them become more human and relatable, both for the better and for the worse.

People of the Sun explores what it is to be human, it delves into the good, and the bad, and the effect they have on those around us. It's a sad poignant tale, but at the same time it's tension filled and has plenty of action. I was sad to see the story come to an end. I tried to draw it out. I didn't want to say goodbye. I wanted to savour it and stay with the characters longer, but I failed miserably and ended up reading it in one sitting. I really hope there is more to this story in the future especially after that ending, it killed me.

Highly recommended! ( )
  Scarlet-Aingeal | Mar 29, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,866,485 books! | Top bar: Always visible