The Tuttle Twins and the Miraculous Pencil…

The Tuttle Twins and the Miraculous Pencil (edition 2014)

by Connor Boyack (Author)

Series: Tuttle Twins (2)

"Do your kids know how the free market works? Ethan and Emily Tuttle have grown up taking for granted the many things they use: clothes, cars, homes, backpacks--even something as simple as a pencil. In this fun adventure to an amazing factory, the twins learn why even the common pencil is a miracle--one that nobody actually knows how to make--and how the process by which it is made is the key to prosperity in our modern age. Based on the classic essay "I, Pencil" by Leonard Read, your children will learn about the economic principles of spontaneous order, division of labor, competition, trade, and the free market--and why these things bring the people of the world together in peaceful cooperation."--Page 4 of cover.… (more)
Member:kcresto
Title:The Tuttle Twins and the Miraculous Pencil
Authors:Connor Boyack (Author)
Info:Libertas Press (2014), 60 pages

Work Information

The Tuttle Twins and the Miraculous Pencil by Connor Boyack

Review on the 11 books of the Tuttle Twin series.

Newton_Books | Feb 4, 2021 |
I read this book with my second grader, and he at first wanted to go to the Cinnamon Roll Bakery, but got interested and laughed when the kids said the outside of the factory looked boring.
What a great educational little book this is, very colorful pages that just drew him into the story. He couldn’t believe that all the people it took to make a pencil! He did begin to understand when we read through the story, and it rather clicked with him.
He was able to see the correlation, and was putting it to making other things. He could see that most of the things we have really do have something to do with another person or country.

I received this book through Fire and Ice and Little Red Reads, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Dec 29, 2014 |

Belongs to Series

Based on the famous essay ""I, Pencil"" by Leonard Read, this installement of the Tuttle Twins children's book series helps young kids learn about the free market.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,150,248 books! | Top bar: Always visible