Hodge by Norman Abrahamson

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received a copy from the LibraryThing Early Reviewer for an honest review. It was a great story of how the lives of 3 people intertwine at an odd moment but literally saves them all. Hodge meets Annie and Bobbi and they decide to travel to Florida together to make a new life for themselves. At first, it was just a simple journey of companionship to Florida but the more time they spend with each other the more they learn about themselves and each other. By the end they have transformed their little group into a family. Very heartwarming and I especially liked the epilogue. Great read! ( )
  FReads | Jun 21, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I enjoyed reading this book and how the lives of the characters intertwined and they helped each other get through hard times. I felt as though the end of the book was rushed. It seemed as though there was a time crunch and ideas didn't get expanded upon. ( )
  BethPete | Jun 15, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
"Hodge" was a quick and enjoyable read about three people that find a new family and purpose for life in each other. Told through the point of view of George Hodge, a retired university professor and widow with no family or home, we see him embark on an adventure to Florida where he figures all old people are destined to go. Right away he meets Ann Marie and her brilliant little daughter Roberta (Bobbi) who offer him a ride to Florida and eventually a membership into their family. The characters throughout the story are well described and likeable, if at times unbelievable. However, the people and turn of events in "Hodge" are what makes it a charming and fun read. ( )
  la.anita | Jun 4, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Thank you to LibraryThing's Early Reviewers for a chance to read Hodge. While I enjoyed the characters throughout this book there were times that they were either unbelievable, underdeveloped or I hate to say it but trite. This book needs a bit more depth and revision to be more than just an average read. ( )
  theeccentriclady | May 22, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
While I liked the overall story and the premise behind this book, it varied greatly in the speed of the plot. Some parts of the book were very slow and provided so much detail I tended to lose interest and it was hard to follow. In particularly, when the make shift family first starts on their journey, so many places where listed and unless you know the area, the story got lost among them. In other parts of the book, action happened so suddenly and rapidly that I needed to reread to be sure of where the story was going. It may have been the intention of the author to move at such different speeds but I found it challenging and thought about not finishing it many times. I'm happy I stuck with it, though, as the ending made me happy :) ( )
  deenawiggins | May 17, 2017 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Norman Abrahamson's book Hodge is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,160,948 books! | Top bar: Always visible