Stripped by Tara Wyatt

Stripped

by Tara Wyatt

811,591,969 (3.5)None
Detective Sawyer Matthews isn't just having a bad day--he's having the worst day. His hunt for the criminal who killed his team member has stalled and now... he's got to play nice with his new, totally unwanted partner. It's not that she isn't qualified, or that he doesn't like her--it's because he knows what she looks like naked. So very, very naked. Brooke Simmons finally landed her dream job working for H.E.A.T, an elite undercover detective squad, and she's not giving up simply because she had a one-night-stand with her sullen--but undeniably sexy--new partner. They'll just have to keep it professional. Easier said than done, considering their first case requires Sawyer to infiltrate a drug cartel operating out of a male strip show. Watching him do his best Magic Mike impression every night isn't just hot--it's torture.   Sawyer doesn't need any distractions, yet his attraction to Brooke is explosive and he can't resist going for round two. Or three. Or four. But as their investigation progresses and danger mounts, they'll have to put their jobs, hearts, and lives on the line to fight... for each other, for survival, and for justice. "Tara Wyatt's Stripped serves up the sexy! Fresh and entertaining, it's the perfect summer read."  -- Jessica Lemmon, author of The Billionaire Bachelor "Stripped is a scorching hot compulsive read! Sawyer and Brooke practically caught my Kindle on fire! Tara Wyatt is my newest one-click author!" -- Katee Robert, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author "Wyatt brings the heat and strips these two down to their hearts. Sawyer and Brooke's partnership is dangerous, sexy, and meant to be." -- Jennifer Ryan, New York Times bestselling author "Pure, page-turning perfection. Stripped had off-the-charts chemistry, sharp writing, and the emotional moments delivered on every level." -- Lauren Layne, New York Times bestselling author "Super sexy right out of the gate, Stripped is everything I love in a romance: great emotion, loads of tension and deliciously grumpy hero. Highly recommend!" -- Stefanie London, USA Today bestselling author… (more)

I've never been to a strip club--never wanted to go to one (true confessions time, here--just watching Magic Mike made me cringe in mortification, and I'm pretty sure I fell asleep at one point. I know, I know--I'll be over in the corner, hanging my head in shame) but the premise of this story--a brand-new detective finding out her new partner is her one night stand, and her first major assignment involves her having to watch him pose undercover as a male stripper--made it one I couldn't resist.

And I'm so very glad I didn't!

Even though my inner rules-follower shook her head in dismay every time Sawyer and Brooke proved that rules were made to be broken by giving in to the attraction between them while working together (really, how did they not get busted sooner?) I absolutely loved the two of them together. They practically lit up the pages of my ereader every time they were together, and even as I worried that they'd both get their butts fired I was cheering them on every step of the way.

And reading about the stripping scenes was definitely not a hardship. I didn't feel sleepy at all. ;)

Ms. Wyatt also gave us two more HEAT team members to look forward to in future books, love-'em-and-leave-'em playboy detective Jack Ward and still-grieving Amelia Perez. Plus, we're sure to see more of Sawyer and Brooke in their books, so...win-win!

Tara Wyatt is a new-to-me author, but I'll absolutely be reading more from her in the future. I absolutely cannot wait to see Jack go undercover at a preschool, LOL :)

Rating: 4 stars / A

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. ( )
  beckymmoe | May 19, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,513,185 books! | Top bar: Always visible