The Danger With Love by Amanda Siegrist

The Danger With Love (edition 2017)

by Amanda Siegrist (Author)

222,551,640 (4)None
Member:TheGenreMinx
Title:The Danger With Love
Authors:Amanda Siegrist (Author)
Info:(2017), 158 pages
Tags:romance, e-book, ARC, read 2017, suspense, chick-lit, contemporary, crime, fiction, The Genre Minx Book Reviews, Amanda Siegrist

The Danger With Love by Amanda Siegrist

Recently added byTheGenreMinx, CatherineHsu

No tags.

The Danger with Love is a romantic novel filled with humor, spice, and a dash of suspense! Sarafina has spent her adult life living out the cliché “always the bridesmaid, never the bride” and she is done! She has vowed that after her best friend’s wedding she is retiring her services as a bridesmaid. She will only attend a wedding strictly as a guest or as the bride. No more of this bridesmaid nonsense.

Sarafina just seems to be unlucky in love. She has had her love affairs but none of them have led to the alter. Feeling despondent over her lack of a current love life she vows that things are going to be different. She is determined to find her Prince Charming and her own happily ever after! When she lays her eyes on Dax she is immediately attracted to him but he seems like trouble. Trouble is not a good thing for a girl who is looking to land her Prince Charming.

What neither Dax or Sarafina expected was an immediate and hot attraction for each other. What they can agree on is that a relationship between the two of them would be disastrous, each for their own reasons. Given Dax’s occupation he is unable to be honest with Sarafina about most everything and that can lead nowhere good.

Dax is an agent with the FBI and has been put on a special assignment. Sarafina’s best friend also happens to be the daughter of a local crime boss and is marrying Dax’s best friend from college. Although they have been estranged for a number of years the connection between Dax and the groom is too good to pass up for the FBI. Dax has been sent undercover as a groomsman in order to see if he is able to glean any information that will be able to give the FBI a leg up on their investigation into the criminal activities of the Chilani Family.

When Sarafina is unwittingly pulled into danger she begins to see that everything she believed about her best friend’s family was not entirely real. As danger is mounting allegiances will be strained and hard choices must be made for both Sarafina and Dax. When the truth is laid bare they must decide if they are going to follow their hearts and deal whatever the consequences may be.

What an entertaining and fun read! This is a steamy story full heat and passion but it also has suspense that gives it a fast pace. You just can’t put it down! There is conflict between a couple of characters that create interest and add an element of danger. I wish that there had been a bit more of a backstory development on the Boss’s son. He had a deep attraction to Sarafina and his character was instrumental in the plot, so I wished for more on him. I was aware that he burned for her but why? I would have liked to feel his attraction, not just know it. His character was intriguing and just wanted to have a deeper understanding of his motivations.

As always Ms. Siegrist has written a charming story with characters that are believable and engaging! I find that once I read her stories I quickly become attached to her characters and I definitely see myself wanting some happily-ever-afters for a few of the characters in this novel. I can say that I highly recommend this story to all readers looking for a fun, romantic read!

This review is based on a complimentary book I received from Amanda Siegrist, Author. It is an honest and voluntary review. The complimentary receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating. ( )
  TheGenreMinx | Apr 21, 2017 |
Actual Rating: 4.0

If you're looking for a quick romantic read with a dash of suspense, this is definitely something to add to your tbr!

The Danger With Love follows Sarafina, who's been a bridesmaid too many times to count, but has never been a bride. Funnily enough, her own happily ever after could start right there, at her best friend's wedding.

Meanwhile, FBI agent Dax Delcroy is on a mission. A mission that sends him straight into his old college roommate's wedding. Posing as a groomsman, Dax knows he has to focus: get the information, then get out. But the bridesmaid he's walking down the aisle doesn't make it that easy.

Sarafina and Dax are both pulled into something they can't seem to get out of, but at the same time, do they really want to?

The plot for this was exciting! There were definitely several twists and turns throughout, but the plot wasn't "heavy", per say. It was definitely extremely quick-paced though. In addition, although there is an aspect of suspense, the storyline was geared strongly towards the romance. Personally, I had absolutely no problem with this, as I loved the relationship between Dax and Sarafina.

Their relationship was insta-attraction, but their interactions were so quirky and adorable that I could clearly understand their quick connection. The relationship progression between them was fluent as well, and I personally loved Dax's character arc as he learned to look past the danger and open himself up.

However, I did feel like the ending of the story was a bit rushed in terms of their relationship; I understand the reasoning behind it and it definitely was cute, but I really wish I saw more "domestic" scenes between Sarafina and Dax: those were not only cute, but were also a breath of air between all the excitement.

The characters individually were definitely very developed, but I still wish we saw more of them and had a deeper understanding of their history, like their childhoods or family background. Although we could definitely infer their personalities through the current timeline, I feel as though more information about how they got here would make the characters even more three-dimensional.

The writing style was great! It was engaging and the conversations between the main characters were realistic and witty. Overall, I'd definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a quick contemporary romantic suspense. ( )
  CatherineHsu | Apr 6, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,319,714 books! | Top bar: Always visible