Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the…

Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper) (edition 2017)

by Kerri Maniscalco (Author)

Member:abramsgirls
Title:Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper)
Authors:Kerri Maniscalco (Author)
Info:jimmy patterson (2017), 448 pages
Rating:*****

Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco

*****Five Bewitching Stars*****

So I read this book immediately after reading Stalking Jack the Ripper and I am so happy that I did. This book pulled me in so quickly and I found myself lost within the mystery, wrapping myself into the dark world of Dracula. Thomas continues to be a "devilish flirt," capturing my heart and attention and our girl Audrey Rose proves that she is strong and intelligent, becoming one of my all-time favorite female characters!

I loved the elements of history and it made me want to start learning some Romanian! There was something so magnetic and powerful about this book. The mystery and twists are enough to capture your undivided attention, but there is something completely spellbinding and magical about this book series. I love stories that can seamlessly intertwine historical information or retellings of classics without ever missing a beat, spiraling off into something unique on its own, while still paying tribute to a classic.

I can't wait to read book 3 and I am so happy that I started reading this series! ( )
  AmyKoto | Jul 22, 2019 |
I really enjoyed book one, so I was excited to see where the series would go. I was happy to see that the series is following the same characters. I do feel this can be read as a standalone, but since it does follow previous characters, you might enjoy it more already knowing them a little from the previous book.

Where I really enjoyed book one, I did not love this one as much. I cannot really pinpoint why though. There was just so much going on that I never cared about. I still enjoyed the romance between our two characters, and wanted a little more within that. I also loved the murder aspect, but also wanted more around that too. I was just waiting for this to catch my attention like the first book, and it never took me there. It was very similar to the first story but just a different setting and way people were being found murdered. I still enjoyed it though.

Overall, this was still pretty good though and I plan to continue with the next book in the series. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Apr 3, 2019 |
Pretty good book and I liked it well enough. It is quite a bit like the first in the sense that it is pretty slow moving. I did enjoy the story though and I especially love the relationship between Audrey and Thomas. It really brings the much needed comic relief and helps to keep you moving during the slow parts. I'll read the next book but I'm not too much in a hurry to read it. ( )
  KeriLynneD | Mar 23, 2019 |
Oh my god! This was a marvelous read!
What a great way to start the year!

RTC ( )
  Ray_ | Feb 18, 2019 |
Audrey Rose Wadsworth is traveling to Romania to attend the Academy of Forensic Medicine and Science, which happens to be held in Bran Castle, once home of the legendary Vlad the Impaler. While she and her friend Thomas Cresswell are traveling aboard the Orient Express to their destination, a fellow traveler is murdered...impaled and stuffed with garlic. Romania is an old land and its' inhabitants very superstitious, which leads them to believe that Vlad Dracula has risen and is taking his revenge. A series of murders during their time at the Academy leads Wadsworth and Cresswell deeper into the mysteries of Bran Castle, the Dracula legend, and the remaining Romanian royal family. Is the murderer a fellow student of the Academy, a servant, or is it really Vlad the Impaler risen from the dead? Can Wadsworth and Cresswell survive the evils of this castle and pass their courses at the Academy while discovering that friendship is not all that binds them together?

This was a very interesting book, but I think I should have read the first book in the series Stalking Jack the Ripper. It might have given me more insight into Wadsworth and Cresswell's past...as this was much alluded to in the book. But, despite that fact, it was a good read and I may pick up the 1st and 3rd book in the series to see what transpires next for these two forensic friends ( )
  chrirob | Jan 2, 2019 |

Following the horror of her discovery of Jack the Ripper's true identity, Audrey Rose Wadsworth has no choice but to flee London and its memories. Together with Thomas Cresswell she journeys to the dark heart of Romania, home to one of Europe's best schools of forensic medicine. When blood-soaked discoveries taint the halls of the school's forbidding castle, Audrey Rose is compelled to investigate the murders. Are they the work of Vlad the Impaler, whose thirst for blood became legend? Or a copycat killer?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,504,266 books! | Top bar: Always visible