Lethal Lies (Blood Brothers) by Rebecca…

Lethal Lies (Blood Brothers)

by Rebecca Zanetti

Lethal Lies by Rebecca Zanetti

The adventure continues with these brothers that have better than average hearing, reflexes, and the need to protect their own.
The brothers are still on the run from the bad sheriff and evil doctor, but they take the time to protect and detect crimes, and, of course, one of them falls in love. Sigh. Such good men, with troubled pasts.

The Blood Brothers is a highly addictive series, both this current group and the connected Sin Brother series. I can't wait for the next one to be released!

Contemporary romance and sexy thriller. Don't miss it. It's a page turner. ( )
  Madison_Fairbanks | Jun 11, 2017 |
I love this series so hard. This and the Sin Brothers are both in my list of top 10 favorite series. I can't really name one thing that I like the most about it. Is it the storyline? Or the incredible bond that these men share? The kick-ass women who get to tame them? The writing? I say it's all of these thing. I keep hoping that in each book they find another brother out there so that this series continues for while.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. ( )
  amdrane2 | May 29, 2017 |
I've not read the Sin Brothers series, nor Deadly Sins. But Lethal Lies has certainly intrigued me enough that I am going to go back and read those books. Anya and Heath are thrown together due to tragic circumstances. In spite of a strictly business attitude, the attraction between combined with adrenaline and heightened emotions stirs up feelings within them that just cannot be ignored. But Heath has secrets in his past that has him constantly on the run. Pulling Anya into that mess is out of the question. Before long his past and the present merge to create a lethal situation and having Anya by his side is the only way to keep him sane enough to keep her safe.

I received an Advanced Reader's Copy from NetGalley for voluntary review consideration. ( )
  Ash_P | May 23, 2017 |
4.5 "Disguised Love?" Stars!

Lovers of romantic suspense titles will not want to miss the Blood Brothers series. Additionally, for those of you who enjoy PNR or UF titles, there is also a minor overlay of supernatural abilities that surrounds this series as the heroes are all part of a genetic engineering experiment meant to build super soldiers with supernatural senses. However, the suspense is only part of the equation as each story also features one swoon worthy, "blood" brother with alpha protective tendencies towards his heroine.

Please note, however, that these books should be read in order. Rebecca Zanetti's 2nd book in the Blood Brothers Series continues both the suspense arc begun in Book 1 (Deadly Silence) and which takes place over the entire series, plus layers in a second suspense plot that is fully contained with this book. Additionally, we are treated to the romance story of Heath and Anya which is fully contained with this book. Because of the series suspense arc, however, I strongly suggest that you start with Deadly Silence if you have not yet started series, otherwise you might feel like you're missing some of the background information surrounding the hero, particularly at the beginning of the book before the story has a chance to evolve.

Anya Best, a criminal psychologist, has been receiving letters from the Copper Serial Killer. In an aim to find him, before he finds his next victim, she involves her sister (Loretta) an FBI agent. To her horrible surprise, however, the Copper Serial Killer kidnaps her sister before she is able to make any progress on his case.

Fortunately for Anya, however, she's not alone in trying to sleuth who the Copper Serial Killer is as Loretta had been collaborating with Heath, a private detective. Moreover, when Anya finds out the gruesome discovery that the serial killer has made Loretta his next victim, she makes a bold move, ready to stop the killer once and for all. In coming forth with this bold move, she also ties Heath to her efforts by publicly announcing their intended location and stating that they are engaged (a fact she completely makes up in the hopes that it will antagonize the killer and cause him to finally come get her).

Heath has his own share of "family" drama that he is trying to sleuth and put to rest (namely Dr. Isobel Madison who ran the genetic study that created him and his "brothers" and Sheriff Cobb who is her psychopathic ally). However, he is determined to help Anya and then disappear in order to avoid entangling her in his very dangerous situation as he knows that Dr. Madison and Sheriff Cobb will stop at nothing to continue producing their superhuman army which they intend to use for malicious, self power propagating purposes.

However, working together will not be easy. Putting aside their natural attraction (an attraction which Heath doesn't plan to ignore but Anya resists), he also refuses to share with Anya his precarious situation. Anya meanwhile insists on figuring out what he is hiding. Additionally, helping Anya given her public declaration potentially leaves them both vulnerable. In Anya's case she is left exposed to the Serial Killer and in his and his brothers case, their location is potentially now discoverable by Dr. Madison and Sheriff Cobb who they have been hiding from. However, given his background, especially how his mother died, Heath has very real issues with leaving a woman "defenseless." So notwithstanding the danger to himself and his brothers, his alpha protective tendencies, prohibit him from leaving Anya by herself to find the serial killer. He would feel better, however, if Anya would go to a safe location while he and his brothers caught the killer. Anya, however, like most independent heroines, refuses to hide.

So begins the race against time where Anya basically plays bait to lure out the serial killer. Will Heath and his brothers be able to protect her? Moreover, will this very public detective engagement with Anya in the Copper Serial Killer case put Heath's and his brothers' mission in jeopardy?

I enjoyed both the suspense and the romance in this book. Watching the tug and pull between the hero's and heroine's desire for one another but yet, particularly in Heath's case, disbelief that they could ever have more given the looming danger was a big part of this story. However, what I enjoyed the most was the big twist that interconnects both of their situations and leaves them in the end with common goals.

I can't wait to continue with Book 3, Twisted Truths, which I have to assume will contain Denver's and Noni's story!

Source: Review copy provided for review purposes. ( )
  B.J.O. | Apr 16, 2017 |
This is the second book in this series about blood brothers, Ryker, Heath, and Denver. The three guys run The Lost Bastards Investigative Agency together. In the first book, readers were introduced to the three guys and got to know Ryker. In this story it is Heath's turn. Heath is one of those damaged souls that some women are into and think they can save. Yet, Heath comes off as cool and collected. Well, he did before Anya was in the picture. I appreciated the fact that Heath and Anya did not fall into bed instantly. So, when they did it was real. Their romance did not take over the story.

Speaking of the story. It started out great. However, the focus shifted away from the Copper Killer to Anya and Heath. I am complaining some as it seemed a long time until the focus was back on the Copper Killer, which was supposed to be the main focus of this story. To make up for this instead I got to know more about the evil, Dr. Isobel Madison. The doctor who created the brothers to be super soldiers. The guys have been trying to track down Dr. Madison and stop her. I am a fan of this series. There is nothing "lethal" about this book, other then, losing a few hours getting lost in a good story with great characters and this is no "lie"! ( )
  Cherylk | Apr 12, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,196,496 books! | Top bar: Always visible