Sloth

by Ella James

Series: Sinful Secrets (1)

Dear A. - I am writing to express my gratitude for your gift. There are no sufficient words, but please accept my sincerest thank you. Yours,R. She writes me back. I didn't expect that. She tells me she's a lover of chicken pizza and video games, a hot sorority girl with the nickname Sloth. She wants to know something about me in return. She says I owe her. This is how she saves my life. She doesn't even know it. We've never even seen each other. But I need a reason. Just one reason to continue. She becomes mine.The anonymity is good. She doesn't need to know me, but I need her kindness. We both live our lives: a letter here, a post card there. For three years, I escape my demons. And then one day I'm pulled back in. I've resigned myself to what I know is coming. Until the girl I'm spanking gives her safe word: Sloth. And then the lie I'm living starts to unravel. --Sloth is a 500-page, 150,000-word stand alone novel with many twists, one huge secret, and a non-cliffhanger ending. It will wreck you, but you'll like it. BTW: Part of the fun of reading this book is trying to guess the secret. I would appreciate it if you could avoid spoilers in reviews and review headlines, so others will be able to enjoy the guessing game.*Sloth is part of a collection of stand-alones inspired by a sin, and centered around a terrible secret. The second stand-alone, My Heart for Yours, is inspired by the sin of murder, and is the story of Kellan's oldest brother, Barrett Drake. It's free via Kindle Unlimited and also for sale here in the Kindle Store.*This book was updated and re-edited in fall 2017, and now includes a bonus story.… (more)

OMG this book was amazing one of the best books I have read in a while , all I am going to say is read it you wont be disappointed but keep the tissues at the ready because your gonna need them I rarely cry at books but I was literally sobbing buckets with this. my partner who was reading beside me got seriously worried it was so out of character, Cleo and kellan stayed with me long after finishing reading and I loved all the twists, turns and secrets this story wove together and boy what a whammy of a twist this book throws at you I didn't see that coming Bravo Ella james. ( )
  carpathian1974 | Nov 7, 2019 |
  carpathian1974 | Nov 7, 2019 |
I wouldn't say that this book is bad, but I just couldn't get into it. I've picked this book up several times over the past year, but I can't bring myself to read more than a chapter at a time (or even half a chapter) before sighing, setting it down, and moving on to something that captures my interest. There's so much filler, and I feel that the story gets bogged down in a lot details that aren't necessary to the story. I love big books (and I cannot lie), but the book has to feel like it's moving toward something for it to keep my interest, instead of floundering around. This book feels like the latter. Sorry, Sloth, you're not for me. ( )
  schatzi | Jul 16, 2016 |

James, EllaAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hobbs, NelsonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rae, ShirlNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,662,805 books! | Top bar: Always visible