A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's…

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose (Oprah's Book Club,… (original 2005; edition 2008)

by Eckhart Tolle (Author)

Tolle presents readers with an honest look at the current state of humanity: he implores us to see and accept that this state, which is based on an erroneous identification with the egoic mind, is one of dangerous insanity. However, there is an alternative to this potentially dire situation. Humanity now, perhaps more than in any previous time, has an opportunity to create a new, saner, more loving world. This will involve a radical inner leap from the current egoic consciousness to an entirely new one. In illuminating the nature of this shift, Tolle describes in detail how our current ego-based state of consciousness operates. Then gently, and in very practical terms, he leads us into this new consciousness. We will come to experience who we truly are--which is something infinitely greater than anything we currently think we are.--From publisher description.… (more)
Member:jpsnow
Title:A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose (Oprah's Book Club, Selection 61)
Authors:Eckhart Tolle (Author)
Info:Penguin (2008), Edition: Reprint, 336 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:*****
Tags:resonance, meaning, purpose, enthusiasm, ego, self-awareness, fulfillment

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle (2005)

English (95)  Spanish (3)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (101)
There were whole sections of this book I just couldn’t grasp or get into, especially in the beginning. More importantly, there were multiple passages that conveyed new and deep epiphanies. ( )
  jpsnow | Sep 14, 2021 |
A book exploding with wisdom. One I will read again... with a fuller review. ( )
  nrt43 | Dec 29, 2020 |
Yeah, I guess I’m not ready for enlightenment or awakening. I quit. ( )
  pmichaud | Dec 21, 2020 |
Fantastic. This will go on the "Books to read several more times" shelf. Came to it from Dan Harris's 10% Happier with the scepticism Harris conveyed about it. I think he was too harsh. The talk about frequencies is strange but when you're discussing hard to nail down topics, you use whatever language you can. The science behind taking it literally is less important than the general message. I learned a great deal from it. ( )
  Pumpkinson | Jul 21, 2020 |
I did a read-then-skim on this one. It's got some valuable insights in it, but I don't enjoy the presentation. It's something of a jumble of philosophies distilled for a wider audience, which is fine---like I said, valuable insights---but I'm not sure there's much for me than I've already gotten from years of mindfulness and NVC. At this point, I'm looking for something meatier. I would prefer to go to the works of the philosophers themselves and build from there.

Aside from the Oprah feel to this book, I dislike how Tolle occasionally oversimplifies to the point of inaccuracy (e.g., when he wrote that crime had increased dramatically in the past decades, which the data don't support). And then there's the incongruity of having a book about letting go of ego that has a giant picture of the author on the back cover and his name in type larger than the title on the front cover. I do my best to judge the message rather than the vessel in which it's presented, but the extra-large font size is difficult to ignore. ( )
  ImperfectCJ | Jun 28, 2020 |

Eckhart Tolleprimary authorall editionscalculated
Vieira, JoseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Earth, 114 million years ago, one morning just after sunrise: The first flower ever to appear on the planet opens up to receive the rays of the sun.
A new species is arising on the planet. It is arising now, and you are it!
We are in the midst of a momentous event in the evolution of human consciousness. But they won’t be talking about it in the news tonight. On our planet, and perhaps simultaneously in many parts of our galaxy and beyond, consciousness is awakening from the dream of form. This does not mean all forms (the world) are going to dissolve, although quite a few almost certainly will. It means consciousness can now begin to create form without losing itself in it. It can remain conscious of itself, even while it creates and experiences form.

Dé uitdaging van deze tijd
De wereld is op een belangrijk kruispunt aangekomen. Het ego-gerichte bewustzijn heeft aarde en mensheid aan de rand van de totale catastrofe gebracht. Het Js dan ook hoog tijd voor een collectieve bewustzijnstransfor-matie, waardoor we onze zwaarte en dichtheid verliezen en de kostbare edelstenen worden die we in wezen zijn, zodat we transparant worden voor het licht van bewustzijn. Sinds mensenheugenis was de mogelijkheid van zo'n transformatie de boodschap van lichtbrengers als Boeddha, Jezus en anderen. Staat de mensheid er nu meer voor open dan toen? En: wat kunnen we doen orn deze verschuiving in onszelf te versnellen? En hoe kunnen we het nieuwe, ontwakende bewustzijn herkennen? Op deze en andere wezenlijke vragen gaat dit boek in. Nog belangrijker echter is dat dit boek zelf een instrument voor transformatie is, ontstaan vanuit het nieuwe bewustzijn. Al lezende ervaren we de verschuiving die in ons plaatsvindt.
Alleen de transformatie naar een
nieuwe staat van bewustzijn zal een
nieuwe aarde van vrede teweegbrengen
E'-KHART TOLLE is een van de meest prominente spreken wereldwijd op het gebied van verlichting Zijn bestseller The Power of Now i; in 21 talen verschenen. De kracht van het Nu is m Nederland al jdren nummer 1 van de spirituele toptien. Van zijn boeken De kracht van het Nu, De kracht van het Nu Pn de praktijk en De stilte spreekt zijn in totaal al 150.000 exemplaren verkocht. Vlet dit langverwachte nieuwste boek geeft Eckhart Tolle ons opnieuw een kostbaar geschenk.

Plume

An edition of this book was published by Plume.

3 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0718148576, 0143143492, 0141042885

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,449,038 books! | Top bar: Always visible