The Woman in the Window by A. J. Finn

The Woman in the Window (2018)

by A. J. Finn

2,2831904,308 (3.83)98
"It isn't paranoia if it's really happening... Anna Fox lives alone -- a recluse in her New York City home, drinking too much wine, watching old movies... and spying on her neighbors. Then the Russells move next door: a father, a mother, their teenaged son. The perfect family. But when Anna sees something she shouldn't, her world begins to crumble -- and its shocking secrets are laid bare. What is real? What is imagined? Who is in danger? Who is in control? In this gripping Hitchcockian thriller, no one and nothing are what they seem."--… (more)

English (184)  Spanish (3)  Dutch (2)  Catalan (1)  All languages (190)
I really enjoyed this book because of the plot twist and the ending. If you are looking for a thriller I recommend you pick it up. There are some parts where you just want to keep reading because you want to know what is going to happen. Everyone has read the synopsis so I don't want to repeat, basically, a woman who is trying to figure out what happened to her neighbor and the nice son, Ethan, she wants to protect.
The author did a good job of keeping the suspense and making you question if the main character, Anna is, in fact, crazy and making things up for attention or if she's telling the truth. ( )
  Sonped89 | Oct 11, 2019 |
INSANELY GOOD! This book really messed with my mind and it was amazing. A new favorite and I can't wait for the movie! ( )
  TheMooseK | Oct 9, 2019 |
A solid thriller. Several good twists of which I only guessed about half. It moved along well and had an interesting main character (while quite flawed, I didn't get tired of her like I sometimes do in books with a flawed character). This will be a movie soon so be sure to read it first !! ( )
  sbenne3 | Oct 7, 2019 |
I wanted to love this one. I am not sure what I was expecting, but this was not really it. I was waiting for a creepy or spooky read but this fell flat. This had so much potential but it was way too slow. I was so over everything and just wanted to know how everything would unfold. I ended up skimming to the end. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Oct 5, 2019 |
With a dynamic lead character who immerses you in her isolation, this mix of The Girl on the Train and Rear Window will have you gasping for breath, but leave you eager to peek at what's coming. ( )
  Birdo82 | Oct 3, 2019 |
A.J. Finn turns out to be the nom de plume for Daniel Mallory, an executive editor at Morrow, the book's publisher, with a special interest in mysteries and film noir. The Woman in the Window is his tribute to both genres and, let me say outright, he does them credit.... What this is is an intelligent, carefully constructed novel of psychological suspense that focuses on a single character whose moods, secrets and fears drive the plot. It's here, in that slow buildup, that Finn/Mallory shows his real talent. He's much more in tune with the intense characters of Minette Walters or Frances Fyfield.... Aside from a visit from a neighbourhood child whose family she's been watching, nothing much happens for more than 100 pages. I confess, I put the book down and might not have gone back but for this review. Other readers may do the same. Please slog on, there is a reason here.

Finn, A. J.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kankaanpää, JaakkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lindell, KlaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Voor George
Haar man is bijna thuis.
Ik heb het gevoel dat ergens in jou
iets is waar niemand vanaf weet

Shadow of a Doubt(1943)
"You need me to take care of anything before I go?" It sounds like a proposition, like a line from a noir. You just put your lips together and blow.
At any hour, at all hours, there are at least a few dozen users checked in, a constellation sprawled across the world.
Inside the locket is a tiny photograph, glossy and vivid: a small boy, age four or so, yellow hair in riot, teeth like a picket fence after a hurricane.
As I surface, the dream drains away like water. The memory, really. I try to scoop it up in my palms, but it's gone.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,920,917 books! | Top bar: Always visible