La Femme à la fenêtre by A. J. Finn

La Femme à la fenêtre (original 2018; edition 2018)

by A. J. Finn (Author), Isabelle Maillet (Traduction)

"It isn't paranoia if it's really happening... Anna Fox lives alone -- a recluse in her New York City home, drinking too much wine, watching old movies... and spying on her neighbors. Then the Russells move next door: a father, a mother, their teenaged son. The perfect family. But when Anna sees something she shouldn't, her world begins to crumble -- and its shocking secrets are laid bare. What is real? What is imagined? Who is in danger? Who is in control? In this gripping Hitchcockian thriller, no one and nothing are what they seem."--… (more)
Member:jlbalma
Title:La Femme à la fenêtre
Authors:A. J. Finn (Author)
Other authors:Isabelle Maillet (Traduction)
Info:Presses de la Cité (2018), 528 pages
Collections:Calibre

The Woman in the Window by A. J. Finn (2018)

Recently added byLeeann_M, slslibrary, Arina40, Vizslalvr, R-B, private library, kiaweathersby, Nora_Max, MFazekas99

English (226)  Spanish (3)  Dutch (2)  Catalan (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (233)
Excellent book, full of unseen twists and movie quotes. ( )
  MFazekas99 | Sep 15, 2020 |
I love a good mystery thriller and this book had me losing sleep to keep reading most of the time. It's dark and twisty and definitely feels like a mashup of Rear Window and Girl on the Train. I don't want to give away too much but will say that my enthusiasm cooled with the ending. In my opinion, it feel into a formula with the reveal and that's a bummer. ( )
  jjpseattle | Aug 2, 2020 |
Such a interesting story with many twist and turns. I'm really glad I picked this one up. ( )
  autumnrain87 | Jul 31, 2020 |
A very different writing story that I enjoyed, and a book that I couldn't figure out the ending right away.
  RogReg | Jul 9, 2020 |
Yes this one’s a page turner...but what’s with all the accolades by well known authors on the back and front of the cover? I enjoyed it but it didn’t reach those dizzy heights. Recommended for when you need to curl up with an easy to read book. ( )
  Mercef | Jul 3, 2020 |
A.J. Finn turns out to be the nom de plume for Daniel Mallory, an executive editor at Morrow, the book's publisher, with a special interest in mysteries and film noir. The Woman in the Window is his tribute to both genres and, let me say outright, he does them credit.... What this is is an intelligent, carefully constructed novel of psychological suspense that focuses on a single character whose moods, secrets and fears drive the plot. It's here, in that slow buildup, that Finn/Mallory shows his real talent. He's much more in tune with the intense characters of Minette Walters or Frances Fyfield.... Aside from a visit from a neighbourhood child whose family she's been watching, nothing much happens for more than 100 pages. I confess, I put the book down and might not have gone back but for this review. Other readers may do the same. Please slog on, there is a reason here.

Finn, A. J.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kankaanpää, JaakkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Leon-Berman, BoniDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lindell, KlaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Voor George
Haar man is bijna thuis.
Ik heb het gevoel dat ergens in jou
iets is waar niemand vanaf weet

Shadow of a Doubt(1943)
"You need me to take care of anything before I go?" It sounds like a proposition, like a line from a noir. You just put your lips together and blow.
At any hour, at all hours, there are at least a few dozen users checked in, a constellation sprawled across the world.
Inside the locket is a tiny photograph, glossy and vivid: a small boy, age four or so, yellow hair in riot, teeth like a picket fence after a hurricane.
As I surface, the dream drains away like water. The memory, really. I try to scoop it up in my palms, but it's gone.

It isn’t paranoia if it’s really happening . . .

Anna Fox lives alone—a recluse in her New York City home, unable to venture outside. She spends her day drinking wine (maybe too much), watching old movies, recalling happier times . . . and spying on her neighbors.

Then the Russells move into the house across the way: a father, mother, their teenaged son. The perfect family. But when Anna, gazing out her window one night, sees something she shouldn’t, her world begins to crumble and its shocking secrets are laid bare.

What is real? What is imagined? Who is in danger? Who is in control? In this diabolically gripping thriller, no one—and nothing—is what it seems.

Twisty and powerful, ingenious and moving, The Woman in the Window is a smart, sophisticated novel of psychological suspense that recalls the best of Hitchcock.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,500,698 books! | Top bar: Always visible