Leaving Home: A Collection of Lake Wobegon…

Leaving Home: A Collection of Lake Wobegon Stories (original 1987; edition 1987)

by Garrison Keillor (Author)

In this collection of stories about small-town life, Dale takes a step toward manhood and Darlene sets off for Minneapolis to begin a new life.
Member:avdescameron
Title:Leaving Home: A Collection of Lake Wobegon Stories
Authors:Garrison Keillor (Author)
Info:The Viking Press (1987), Edition: 1st, 244 pages

Work Information

Leaving Home by Garrison Keillor (1987)

Lake Wobegon is the place she the women are all strong, the men are good looking and the children are all above average. And in this small volume of short stories Kellior takes us back to this small town and the people who live there.

There are some entertaining stories in here, and other that are less good. But it is nicely written with some razor sharp wit.

PDCRead | Apr 6, 2020 |
Lake Wobegon
  ritaer | Apr 5, 2020 |
Adapted from his Prairie Home Companion monologues, funny, touching, very nearly perfect. ( )
  unclebob53703 | Aug 17, 2016 |
2.5 stars because he does have a way with words. Surprisingly dark. I didn't feel anything heartwarming about these judgemental & incompetent busybodies. I came from this kind of upbringing and in my innocence I have been grateful for what I thought was an idyllic childhood... but lately, after reading things like this, I've been less sure that heartland values actually are my values. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
A collection of the essays on Lake Woebgeon from Prairie Home Companion. Like listening to the shows on a Saturday evening; relaxing, comforting, very funny.
  amyem58 | Jul 11, 2014 |
Here in a little room at the back of a flat in Copenhagen, full of boxes full of wreckage from the collapse of an American career, I imagine a girl slept who came from Jutland a century ago to work as a maid to the tea merchant and his wife whose apartment this was.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,162,922 books! | Top bar: Always visible