Errancy

by Jorie Graham

Poems exploring the theme of sexual, emotional, political, and spiritual desire through the eyes of a poet's characters examine the age in which we live, where dreams are not as easy as they once were.

A fortunate find, The Errancy cascades, line over line, and I found such joy in the torrent of images. Reading Graham is like listening to the sounds of a kaleidoscope. Disconcerting, liberating, but most of all instructive in the wonder of living.
  b.masonjudy | Apr 3, 2020 |
I had to read this book in grad school. Most of my colleagues and I were stunned at its stupifying language, its complete idiocy, the impossibility of finding relevance within the pages. It's what I consider to be the absolute worst in contemporary poetry, and yet Ms. Graham is considered by the mainstream to be among the greatest. Mind boggling! This book will leave you wishing for razor blades.... ( )
  scottcholstad | Jan 18, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,431,465 books! | Top bar: Always visible