The President Is Missing: A Novel by James…

The President Is Missing: A Novel (original 2018; edition 2020)

by James Patterson (Author)

"The White House is the home of the President of the United States, the most guarded, monitored, closely watched person in the world. So how could a U.S. President vanish without a trace? And why would he choose to do so? An unprecedented collaboration between President Bill Clinton and the world's bestselling novelist, James Patterson, The President Is Missing is a breathtaking story from the pinnacle of power. Full of what it truly feels like to be the person in the Oval Office -- the mind-boggling pressure, the heartbreaking decisions, the exhilarating opportunities, the soul-wrenching power -- this is the thriller of the decade, confronting the darkest threats that face the world today, with the highest stakes conceivable." --… (more)
Member:liz0420
Title:The President Is Missing: A Novel
Authors:James Patterson (Author)
Info:Little, Brown & Company (2020), Edition: Abridged
Rating:*****

Work Information

The President Is Missing by Bill Clinton (2018)

English (88)  Italian (3)  German (2)  All languages (93)
President Jonathan Lincoln Duncan is fending off possible impeachment. While rehearsing for a House Committee testimony required because he is accused of working with Suliman Cindoruk, the leader of a cyber terrorist organization called Sons of Jihad (SOJ). The possibility of an imminent terrorist cyber attack, which would wipe all of the information from all computers in the United States, comes to light when a message is conveyed, through his daughter at school in Paris, detailing the presence of a traitor in his close advisors. President Duncan agrees to meet with Augie (a Suliman associate) at a baseball game. It does not go well with the Paris informant, Nina killed, and President Duncan and Augie spirited away to hiding. ( )
  baughga | May 11, 2022 |
Excellent collaboration. Fierce characters and a spellbinding plot. I couldn't put it down. ( )
  Windyone1 | May 10, 2022 |
President John Duncan has to confront a terrorist threat and keep the nation from being destroyed.

Fast pacing, lots of POVs, and lots of interesting story lines in this one. Short chapters that made for tight, quick storytelling. I would enjoy another book by this duo. I really liked that the authors gave the president a fairly serious medical condition. Kudos for giving major characters disabilities and making them awesome! It was a super interesting plot. Check it out from the library for a good beach read.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader. ( )
  KatKinney | Mar 3, 2022 |
I did consider this book to be full of mystery and intrigued. There were enough clues given for you to understand what was going on but not who was doing what. There is an assassin hunting someone. Is it the president or someone working with him? There is a traitor in their midst but who is it? You don't find out until the very end and it came as a surprise to me. Will they stop the disaster in time? Well, I think we already know the answer to that but the ending is still really good, it seems to be a typical ending of coming down to the wire, but is it? I really enjoyed the book. The only reason I did not give it the 5th star is because the main character, President Duncan, was written to be a bit over the top, too good to be true, James Bond, Einstein and Ghandi all rolled into one character. Makes me wonder if President Clinton sees the presidency in that light or just himself. Whatever the case it didn't matter to me. I spent several nights not wanting to put the book down and to me that gives it high marks. ( )
  gsteinbacher | Dec 30, 2021 |
My Review: A little too political ( )
  lrobe190 | Aug 24, 2021 |

Clinton, Billprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Patterson, Jamesmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Has as a student's study guide

"The House Select Committee will come to order..."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,733,484 books! | Top bar: Always visible