Goldie Vance Vol. 2 by Hope Larson

Goldie Vance Vol. 2

by Hope Larson

This series really does deserve more attention. The characters are diverse, the storyline is interesting and the art stlye is amazing. I fully enjoyed everything about it and I really think this is perfect for people of all ages. ( )
  acciohaley | Mar 17, 2019 |
There was a lot going on in this teen detective graphic novel and at times it seemed to be a bit too much. But, the characters are great, the story-line wacky, and the premise too cool. Even if I didn't love the plot of this one I plan on sticking with this series because it holds a lot of promise. Volume two was just all over the place with astronauts, mermaids, beauty pageants, and FBI agents. A few too many pieces in the puzzle for my taste, but not horrible. I'm already looking forward to volume three. ( )
  ecataldi | Jun 28, 2017 |

In a timeless story, 16-year-old Marigold "Goldie" Vance lives at a Florida resort with her dad, who manages the place. Her mom, who divorced her dad years ago, works as a live mermaid at a club downtown. Goldie has an insatiable curiosity, which explains her dream to one day become the hotel's in-house detective. When Charles, the current detective, encounters a case he can't crack, he agrees to mentor Goldie in exchange for her help solving the mystery utilizing her smarts, random skills, and connections with the hotel staff and various folks in town. Sixteen-year-old Marigold "Goldie" Vance has an insatiable curiosity. She lives at a Florida resort with her dad who manages the place, and it's her dream to one day become the hotel's in-house detective. In this second story arc, Goldie investigates the mysterious appearance of a lady astronaut on the beach!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,472,064 books! | Top bar: Always visible