The Secrets of Peaches (Book 2) by Jodi Lynn…

The Secrets of Peaches (Book 2) (edition 2012)

by Jodi Lynn Anderson (Author)

Member:friendsYA
Title:The Secrets of Peaches (Book 2)
Authors:Jodi Lynn Anderson (Author)
Info:HarperCollins (2012), Edition: Reprint, 368 pages
Collections:Series Promo, All on Sale Now, Books for Age 16+, Books for Age 14+, Sales Rank 10+, Under $2 (inactive), March New Releases (inactive), New to Release 3/20 (inactive), Your library
Tags:$1.00

The Secrets of Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson

First Posted on bellesbeautifulbooks.blospot.com

The Short:
I didn't like this as much as the first book, but that is usually the case with second books in trilogies. This was just melancholy, and was just kind of sad.

The Good:

I really like and connect to the characters in this series. I really like the three main girls, and hope that they stay friends through the third book.
The setting was fun, and well done, and I think I liked it more because I am familiar with Georgia.
I love all the times spent at the peach orchard. I think it is the perfect sweet, summery setting for this story.
The BOYS! Yum!
Murphy is so funny, and snarky. She is probably the best character.
The Bad:
Leeda was annoying is this book. For a good majority of the story, she was at a disconnect, and it didn't make much sense to me.
The whole story seemed sad. I thought the first book was fun and happy, but this was just kind of disappointing.
Rating: ( )
  BelleBooks117 | Jul 26, 2014 |
Reviewed by Harmony for TeensReadToo.com

THE SECRETS OF PEACHES takes place where its prequel, PEACHES, left off.

Birdie, Murphy, and Leeda are all beginning their senior year of high school and each facing their own struggles. Birdie is dealing with a long-distance relationship, now that Enrico has gone back to Mexico, as well as worrying about her housekeeper. Murphy is trying to deal with actually having a serious boyfriend and worrying about where she's going to college. Leeda is dealing with a mother who pays more attention to her older sister instead of her and starts becoming more and more distant from everyone, friends included.

The friends and family drama are what keep this novel moving. I truly think that the friendship of Leeda, Birdie, and Murphy is one of the strongest and most realistic one you'll find in YA fiction. If you enjoyed PEACHES, I'm sure you'll like this one, although it does share the one problem from the previous book - it drags horribly in the middle.

Other than that, I definitely recommend it, especially if you enjoyed the first title. ( )
1 vote | GeniusJen | Oct 12, 2009 |
It is the Fall of the year and Leeda, Murphy and Birdie find themselves missing the peach farm considerably. It is their Senior year of high school and new beginnings are just around the corner for the three friends. Murphy is dying to get away, Leeda is pressured to live up to her family's expectations and Birdie just can't wait to see Enrico again! This book is a little more serious than the first one; however, understandably so. These books remind me very much of the "Traveling Pants" series, though the Peaches series is not quite as involved and addictive for readers. ( )
  bellalibrarian | Jun 18, 2008 |
The story continues with Murphy, Leeda and Birdie as they enter their senior year of high school. This time the three deal with bigger issues and decisions... leaving for NYC, boyfriends in other countries, pleasing their Moms. ( )
  cromwellhighschool | Feb 15, 2008 |
Sequel to "Peaches". A book about beginnings and endings of friendships and life. ( )
  MrsHillReads | Nov 12, 2007 |

The delicious sequel to the New York Times bestseller Peaches

After a magical summer living on a peach orchard, Murphy, Leeda, and Birdie confront a series of breakups, makeups, and takeoffs. They may have to leave one another, along with the orchard that brought them together. But despite their heartbreak, this year’s bittersweet endings could lead to the sweetest of new beginnings.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:47 -0400)

Three teenaged girls, brought together one summer at a peach orchard, have their friendship put to the test when the season ends.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,742,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible