The Tea Dragon Society by (Cartoonist) Katie…

The Tea Dragon Society (edition 2017)

by (Cartoonist) Katie O'Neill

After discovering a lost Tea Dragon in the marketplace, apprentice blacksmith Greta learns about the dying art form of Tea Dragon caretaking from the kind tea shop owners.
Member:stmagda
Title:The Tea Dragon Society
Authors:(Cartoonist) Katie O'Neill
Info:[Portland, Oregon] : Oni Press, Inc., 2017.

Work Information

The Tea Dragon Society by Kay O'Neill

The Tea Dragon Society is a beautifully illustrated graphic novel with a gentle delivery of themes of grief and perseverance through community and friendship. I was pleasantly surprised by the inclusion of well-written LGBT characters whose orientation was not the focus of the story. Characters grapple with real world, heavy problems that are not magically solved by the whimsical tea dragons; rather, the characters' shared respect for the art of caring for tea dragons brings them together to heal and grow as a community.
  librarianlion | Nov 22, 2022 |
A Juliet and Juliet story set amongst a group of excellent characters and an interesting plot. This one ends on a cliffhanger, so be prepared to want the second book right away.

A sweet graphic novel about two fairy-like girls who both find their way to a dragon tea shop and befriend the dragons and their tenders. It's warm and soothing and just the right amount of sweet, just like a good cuppa. ( )
  electrascaife | Oct 19, 2022 |
Note: I received a digital review copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.
  fernandie | Sep 15, 2022 |
I adore superheroes. They are one of my weaknesses and as soon as I saw this book, I jumped on it. It did not disappoint. The stellar line-up of authors have crafted short stories that all approach superpowers differently, and in often unusual ways. Like the story where gaining superpowers means you end up being forgotten. Or the one where a retired superhero doesn't realized she's retired. A number of the stories showed the human side of superheroes, the stories about those who were in their lives or on the sidelines.

There were a lot of stories that seemed to just end, which was a bit frustrating. I wish those had been expanded upon just a bit so that they felt more complete. But overall, a really enjoyable collection of stories. Well worth the read for every superhero junkie.

Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley. ( )
  wisemetis | Sep 11, 2022 |
I love this book. The illustrations are beautiful, the story is heartwarming, and the idea of tea dragons makes my imagination sing. Beautifully done Kay O'Neill. Thank you for creating this book. May it inspire the creativity of others. ( )
  ArcherKel | Aug 17, 2022 |

Kay O'Neillprimary authorall editionscalculated
Temofonte, SaidaLetterersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thompson, HilaryDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Yarwood, AriEditor.secondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Once upon a time, blacksmiths were as important as magicians.

Age Range: 10 and up

Grade Level: 4 - 6

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 179,850,423 books! | Top bar: Always visible