Changeling by Yasmine Galnorn

Changeling (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Yasmine Galnorn (Author)

Member:lightshimmer
Title:Changeling
Authors:Yasmine Galnorn (Author)
Info:Berkley Bks. (2007), Edition: First Edition

Changeling by Yasmine Galenorn (2007)

Primal Needs by Susan Sizemore (GrannyBeela)
    GrannyBeela: a good read in my opinion, she writes likes I believe she can see the things happen. With pizazz! Try this book and you may come back for more in this series

English (23)  French (1)  All languages (24)
I'm enjoying this series but I hope that in the next books there is less wasted space spent filling the pages with sex. Part of the fun of reading is being able to use your imagination. I like the theme of the stories but find it annoying to have to skip parts so I can get on with the plot. ( )
  whybehave2002 | Mar 18, 2017 |
Book 2 in the Otherworld series is an overall progression of the series story but with the youngest sister being the leading character. Fairly good character development. Same leading characters from book 1 are present in this book and a new main man has been added. ( )
  BookJunkie777 | Oct 16, 2016 |
Brilliantly funny and a must read for anyone who has a cat. So many laugh out loud moments. ( )
  jadedlioness | Dec 29, 2015 |
This book was not as good as the first one. It wasn't a bad book or anything, it just didn't grab me like the one before. I don't know if she just went downhill or if the character just didn't do it for me. The overarching story in these books is good, though, so I'm going to go ahead and read the next one anyway. One thing I've got to comment on though, which is a pet peeve for me with these books, is that I kind of hate the 'romance' (sex) scenes. They're pretty crass and crude. Not sexy at all, just kind of...well...yucky. ( )
1 vote sammii507 | Aug 19, 2014 |
The sisters ongoing battle against the demons continues as Shadow Wing’s forces look for the spirit seals, a way for them to break through to Earth and, from there, break through to Otherworld as well. The fate of both world rests in the balance and the D’Artigo sisters make a thin line of defence.

They have only a little support from the Queen of the Elves, because Otherworld has it’s own turmoil. The fairy queen, Lathanasar, has become more erratic and cruel, her increasingly failed rule has now lead to outright civil war, dragging in the other forces of Otherworld and destroying or occupying the agencies that should be helping against the demons.

Into this we follow Delilah, the middle sister, cat shapeshifter and private detective (her cover job, at least). She’s approached for a case – a local werepuma pride is under attack by an unknown murderer and her and her sister’s skills are needed to track it down – becoming all the more urgent as the bodies pile up and there’s a clear link to Shadow Wing’s campaign. Along the way she has to make some deals with some terrifying entities, Elemental lords of extreme power that untap some long dormant power within her.

And she loses some more of her innocence, some more of her naivety and is faced with more of the cruel, stark reality that faces them in this war – to say nothing of the complications in her love life, with her polyamorous nature clashing with her human boyfriend

This world is huge – with 3 realms of beings, a million kind of fae, shapeshifters, demons, vampires and many variations of each, it’s a world with near infinite diversity. I could spend hours just pouring through the world building alone. Part of this is because each element seems to have some weight, there’s not just werepumas, they have their own society and customs and it differs depending on whether they’re Earthside or Otherworld. The vampires aren’t just vampires, they have their own meetings and difficulties. The kingdoms of the fae and the elves have their own cultures and depths. There’s a weight behind the world building that suggests a lot of work and preparation has gone into it beyond just names and labels.

And that full, rich world with all its possibilities and magic feeds directly into the story. We have epic forces and a thousand options and a constant idea that anything can raise its head. I do think the action scenes were a little truncated and could have been less anti-climactic, but following to them is interesting as we learn more. It’s not the most novel concept – find the bad guys, save the world – but the path there is original because it wends through so many different characters and so many fantastical diversions. It isn’t a mystery – there’s no questions and little investigation, it’s more a hunt, a battle and an exploration and they become ever more deeply involved in a much wider and larger meta-plot.

Read More ( )
  FangsfortheFantasy | Sep 20, 2013 |
Those who play with cats must expect to be scratched. - Cervantes
We have to distrust each other. It is our only defense against betrayal. - Tennessee Williams
To Bast, mother of all Catkind, and her four-legged children everywhere.
The moon was high overhead, rounded and full like one of those snow globes human children like to play with at Christmastime.
"What was life has crumbled. What was form now falls away. Mortal chains unbind, and the soul is lifted free. May you find your way to the ancestors. May you find your path to the gods. May your bravery and courage be remembered in song and story. May your parents be proud, and may your children carry your birthright. Sleep, and wander no more."

We're the D'Artigo sisters: Half-human, half-Faerie, we are savvy - and sexy - operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But our mixed-blood heritage short-circuits our talents at all the wrong times. My sister Camille is a wicked-good witch whose magic is as unpredictable as the weather. My sister Menolly is a vampire trying to get the hang of being undead. And me? I'm Delilah. When I'm under stress, I transform into a tabby cat - and a series of violent murders is really getting me bent out of shape...Someone's been slaughtering the Weres of the Rainier Puma Pride, and my sisters and I have been enlisted to investigate by Zachary Lyonnesse, golden boy of the werepumas.

Right away we smelled demon trouble, and we tracked it directly into the snare of the Hunters Moon Clan, sworn enemies of Puma Pride. But there's more than Were rivalry at work. It's that old demon Shadow Wing who's setting a deadly snare for the Pumas. We have to find out why, which means a visit to one of the Immortals. Unfortunately for my sisters and me, our half-human blood is just enough to put us in mortal danger.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425216292, Mass Market Paperback)

"The first in an engrossing new series, [Witchling was] a whimsical reminder of fantasy's importance in life" (Publishers Weekly). Now comes Changeling-again featuring Camille, the good witch, Menolly, the vampire, and Delilah, a feline shapeshifter. They're the D'Artigo sisters, half-human, half-Faerie supernatural agents who are now enlisted to find the fiends responsible for slaughtering the weres of Rainier Puma Pride.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:20 -0400)

When Delilah, a half-human, half-Faerie operative for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency, is hired by Zachary Lyonnesse to investigate the brutal murders of the Weres of the Rainier Puma Pride, she discovers a link to an evil demon called Shadow Wing, putting them all in mortal danger.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,114,240 books! | Top bar: Always visible