dismiss

Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow (2017)

by Jessica Townsend

Other authors: James Madsen (Illustrator)

Series: Nevermoor (1)

"A cursed child destined to die on her eleventh birthday is rescued and whisked away to a secret realm called Nevermoor and given the chance to compete for a place in a prestigious organization called the Wundrous Society"--

English (47)  French (1)  All languages (48)
★★★★★

Oh, boy, this book was incredible.
I'm struggling with the middle grade genre lately but this was really realy good.
Any time i read the sentence "the new harry potter"series i cringe hard but i understand now what they mean. The nostalgic vibe, the compelling atmosphere.
Jessica Townsend became a must-read-everything-she-writes author and i can't wait to start the second book. Her writing kept me in suspense, it gave me the "can't put it down" feeling i desperately crave from a book.
I especially adore we don't know everything yet, we have so many mysteries to discover and I'M HERE FOR IT GIMME GIMME GIMME. I may have found my new favorite middle grade series and i hope it will never end.

PS: THERE'S A TALKING GIANT CAT WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED ( )
  primordialnyx | Jun 24, 2020 |
Review following soon ( )
  Evamaren | Jun 7, 2020 |
This was sooooo much fun - and the Harry Potter comparisons make sense! A cast of quirky characters, a magical house setting, and a self-deprecating and funny main character = a recipe for success. Yes, I guessed the twists, but I don't really expect to be surprised like that in Middle Grade, do I?

Highly recommend this and I can't wait to read the sequel to see where the story is going! ( )
  j_tuffi | May 30, 2020 |
What an enjoyable story! I feel like it's mix of HP and a Goblet of Fire and Mary Poppins for some reason (I just finished listening to the audiobook and watched Mary Poppins Returns)
Loved it! ( )
  Alevis | May 17, 2020 |
I can't quite believe that this Sat in my tbr for so long without being read. A wonderful, engaging read, full of humour, excitement and drama. ( )
  MaryBrigidTurner | Apr 22, 2020 |

Jessica Townsendprimary authorall editionscalculated
Madsen, JamesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

For Sally, first guest of the Hotel Deucalion

And for Teena, who made me think I could do anything, even this.
Prologue: The journalists arrived before the coffin did.

A cursed child destined to die on her eleventh birthday is rescued and whisked away to a secret realm called Nevermoor and given the chance to compete for a place in a prestigious organization called the Wundrous Society.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,882,043 books! | Top bar: Always visible